[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ's in the SB

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 692103
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $21.97
      BTN: $11.75
      Hero (SB): $12.22
      BB: $17.57
      UTG: $11.27
      MP: $10.35

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :spade: Q :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, BB raises to $17.57, Hero calls $9.22 all in

Flop: ($29.79) 9 :heart: 2 :diamond: 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($29.79) 2 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($29.79) Q :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $29.79
      BB shows A :diamond: A :heart:
      Hero wins $22.82
      BB wins $5.35
      (Rake: $1.62)

This is the luckiest hand i've ever had.
      But anyway, i was wondering, possible fold p/f? he was playing tight.
  • 2 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      If you say he was tight, then i wouldn't go for the 4 bet here, just call and re-evaluate post flop. After you 4 bet 30BB you are commited :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Those blind wars spots are hard to comment on, you have to make a lot of guesses as to how BB approaches those situations.

If he's the type to simply 3-bet with a wide polarized range, meaning junk and QQ+/AK, what will happen if you 4-bet is he will dump all the junk and shove on you with a range you're committed against but not a favorite by any mean. If he doesn't felt AK suddenly you're smoked and not yet committed against QQ+. I think this type of tags is quite common these days, they just have what I call level 1 aggression, they make one aggressive move like 3-betting light and then revert to standard play when you playback. Trying to go broke with a wider value range is a mistake against those players, they won't ever make a mistake per se once you 4-bet. You're usually better off calling the 3-bet even out of position to make sure you keep all those junk hands in a spot where they will usually be forced to throw out a c-bet on most flops and make mistakes that way.

If he's the type to 3-bet/5-bet with a wider value range like TT+/AK and/or capable of 5-bet shoving light because it's a blind battle, then by all means go all the way with QQ and be happy about it. I must say I think those guys are quite the rarity at nl10 in my opinion.

Hope it helps.