This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ's in the SB

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      IPoker Network $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 692103
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $21.97
      BTN: $11.75
      Hero (SB): $12.22
      BB: $17.57
      UTG: $11.27
      MP: $10.35

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :spade: Q :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, BB raises to $17.57, Hero calls $9.22 all in

Flop: ($29.79) 9 :heart: 2 :diamond: 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($29.79) 2 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($29.79) Q :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $29.79
      BB shows A :diamond: A :heart:
      Hero wins $22.82
      BB wins $5.35
      (Rake: $1.62)

This is the luckiest hand i've ever had.
      But anyway, i was wondering, possible fold p/f? he was playing tight.
  • 2 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      If you say he was tight, then i wouldn't go for the 4 bet here, just call and re-evaluate post flop. After you 4 bet 30BB you are commited :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Those blind wars spots are hard to comment on, you have to make a lot of guesses as to how BB approaches those situations.

If he's the type to simply 3-bet with a wide polarized range, meaning junk and QQ+/AK, what will happen if you 4-bet is he will dump all the junk and shove on you with a range you're committed against but not a favorite by any mean. If he doesn't felt AK suddenly you're smoked and not yet committed against QQ+. I think this type of tags is quite common these days, they just have what I call level 1 aggression, they make one aggressive move like 3-betting light and then revert to standard play when you playback. Trying to go broke with a wider value range is a mistake against those players, they won't ever make a mistake per se once you 4-bet. You're usually better off calling the 3-bet even out of position to make sure you keep all those junk hands in a spot where they will usually be forced to throw out a c-bet on most flops and make mistakes that way.

If he's the type to 3-bet/5-bet with a wider value range like TT+/AK and/or capable of 5-bet shoving light because it's a blind battle, then by all means go all the way with QQ and be happy about it. I must say I think those guys are quite the rarity at nl10 in my opinion.

Hope it helps.