[NL2-NL10] NL10 8's . I'm a DONK. Help me.

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 692108
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $18.29
      BB: $16.44
      UTG: $9.48
      Hero (MP): $10.00
      CO: $21.83
      BTN: $14.07

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with 8 :spade: 8 :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 6 :club: 4 :diamond: 7 :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1, BB folds

Turn: ($3.10) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

River: ($8.10) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, CO raises to $6.00, Hero calls $3

Final Pot: $20.10
      CO shows J :heart: 8 :diamond:
      CO wins $18.76
      (Rake: $1.34)

I know this was terrible play.. But i just didn't know what line to take because i didn't think the jack had hit him, becaus he had been playing tight so didn't put J8 in his range.
      HELP THE FISH :f_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd probably bet slightly less on both flop and turn but I like the bets overall.

On the river it's very hard to say without a read on villain, some players will perceive that card as good for them with whatever 7x they have and pay off, others will just fold anything 88 beats to a bet anyway. I think checking to see if he wants to bluff at it with stuff like 5x/8x is okay, if he makes it cheap on us we can bluff-catch. I don't really mind your blockbet either, 7x can definitely call for that price.

When he raises tho, do you think a tight player takes a line like call flop call turn minraise river with stuff that 88 beats :p? Just fold at that point.

Hope it helps.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

I'd probably bet slightly less on both flop and turn but I like the bets overall.

On the river it's very hard to say without a read on villain, some players will perceive that card as good for them with whatever 7x they have and pay off, others will just fold anything 88 beats to a bet anyway. I think checking to see if he wants to bluff at it with stuff like 5x/8x is okay, if he makes it cheap on us we can bluff-catch. I don't really mind your blockbet either, 7x can definitely call for that price.

When he raises tho, do you think a tight player takes a line like call flop call turn minraise river with stuff that 88 beats :p? Just fold at that point.

Hope it helps.
      Yeah i know it was a really bad call on the river, i just felt i put so much in and was on tilt from a couple of hands before so i just payed him off.
      >>DONK<<
      thanks for replying to my threads man ^