[NL2-NL10] NL10 K7s on BB

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 692121
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $0.89
      BTN: $14.05
      SB: $9.50
      Hero (BB): $21.50
      UTG: $10.79

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 7 :spade: K :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) K :heart: 7 :diamond: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN calls $0.48

Turn: ($1.85) T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BTN raises to $6.05, Hero folds

Final Pot: $9.30
      BTN wins $8.99
      (Rake: $0.31)

With just a min-raise p/f i'm obviously calling here with a suited king.
      Flopping 2pair i decide to check raise because the board is really drawy and expected him to bet if he had a draw, which he does. I opt to check raise to make him pay.
      After the 10 :heart: came i threw up a little, then lead out because i figured he would fold weak flush draws, possibly call with the J/Q :heart: (making him pay for the draw) but when he re-raises i'm assuming i'm beat.
      Was this well played? could i have check folded the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, you're smoked most of the time when he raises that turn, barring a read that he's completely nuts and will do that with stuff like any AxYh with a "combo hand".

As for betting the turn to begin with, I would do it against an unknown because I still don't expect them to fold a top pair especially if he has any sort of draw to go with it, but against a decent player you're just betting to protect from a 4th heart, as your hand looks very strong when you bet that turn and it's an easy lay down for him with the hands that you beat. So you could also check/fold the turn and maybe valuebet the river if he checks behind in case he's just not good at hand reading and feel like paying off a small bet with stuff like AQ on the river.

Hope it helps.