Hero ($12.18)
      UTG+1 ($16.85)
      CO ($14.44)
      BTN ($3.57)
      SB ($4.05)
      BB ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.35, 4 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: 10:heart: Q:heart: 2:heart: ($0.75, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: 8:spade: ($2.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

River: 5:spade: ($6.35, 2 players)
      BB bets $6.35, Hero folds

Final Pot: $12.70

BB wins $12.39 (net +$2.89)

Hero lost $3.15

Opp: 19/13/55/1.7 (vpip, pfr, cbet flop%, AF) over 481 hands (but at this hand he was almost unknown)

Default preflop, but postflop it's getting ugly.
      Flop: How to threat his minraise? I had an idea raising him, but wasn't sure as on such a board he should have at least something to raise me. Qx was less likely, but I doubt he would raise Tx unless it's AhTx.

Turn: Small bet, so calling it.

River: Pot bet was enough to get me off the hand.

What to think about his range and betting? I'm really confused now, because only thing that beats me is flush, I'm ahead of any set, two pair or anything. I believe he could call with suited connectors and he could have flush, but would he play it like this?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure, bad players suck at sizing their bets correctly, it's not uncommon to see them make relatively small bets just to keep you around, then pot or jam the river because it's the last chance to get all the money in.

That said we have top set on the flop which means we still have a lot of equity against a made flush and we have no idea what that guy is doing, he could be doing that with the Ah or even really dumb stuff we can't fathom, so I usually just 3-bet the flop when the flop when in doubt and get it in. If you knew back then he was 19/13/1.7 over a good sample, it'd be less likely that he was just doing that with random crap, so I wouldn't mind taking the line you took.

Hope it helps.