Stacks:
      UTG ($7.55)
      UTG+1 ($11.01)
      Hero ($10.78)
      BTN ($10.10)
      SB ($7.37)
      BB ($25.45)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO K:heart: K:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN calls $1.20, 3 folds

Flop: 6:spade: A:diamond: Q:club: ($2.90, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: 9:spade: ($2.90, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45

River: Q:diamond: ($5.80, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.80, Hero folds

Final Pot: $7.60

BTN wins $7.31 (net +$2.86)

UTG+1 lost $0.35
      Hero lost $2.65

Same opp as 3 previous hands: 19/13/1.7 (vpip, pfr, AF) over 481 hands

Flop: I'm afraid that with not cbetting this flop I put myself in nasty situation, but I was more afraid that he would raise me and situation would get worse.

Turn: Calling small bet, but as I still believe he had Ax, because he raised from UTG and called 3bet.

River: Folding, seemed way too much as an invitation to call.

Now it seems I totally misplayed this hand, what should be the best play here? Cbet/fold flop? 2nd barreling imho is useless, cuz he's not calling without Ax here, true?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's ok against a tight player to check that flop, his raise/calling range MPvsCO is probably tight enough that either he crushes you on that board or he's not calling a c-bet ever with stuff like TT on AQx, we even block the most likely 2nd pair hand for him, KQs. Just because it turns your hand face up doesn't mean he'll take advantage of it. If you think he could, then go ahead and c-bet/fold the flop to take the pot down, it's usually safer than just check/guessing.

As played calling one on the turn is fine, tho I still think it's unlikely that guy starts betting stuff that we beat even after you checked twice.

As played on the river it sucks indeed as it does look like a valuebet while you're getting great odds, but at the same time it's just hard for him to call a 3-bet and not have something he can take a showdown with, so I'd just pitch it and be happy about it until I see he has some bluffing in him.

Hope it helps.