Stacks:
      UTG ($5.17)
      CO ($30.05)
      BTN ($9.95)
      SB ($9.03)
      Hero ($9.80)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB Q:club: 5:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: 8:diamond: 10:club: J:club: ($0.35, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, UTG folds, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: 7:diamond: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

River: Q:heart: ($2.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.76, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.11

BTN wins $4 (net +$1.14)

Hero lost $1.10
      UTG lost $0.10

Opp practically unknown, but seemed a bit aggro few previous hands.

Flop & turn: Betting with my combo.

River: Should I call it with Q? Any 9x have straight and I think it's definetly in his limping range.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Leading out with a combodraw can never be bad really, but considering you're not drawing to the nuts, that the board is very drawy and the fact that you're out of position against two players one of which seems aggro, I think it's very unlikely you ever get both of them to fold any piece at all, so just keep in mind that it'll often put you into weird situations in a bloated pot on later streets. I wouldn't mind just taking a more passive line to ensure it doesn't give you a headache.

The turn is a really bad card, it improves any and all 9x hands that called you on the flop, as well as possibly made two pairs to random stuff like 87/T7. Given that most players' reaction with 9x will be to raise you off your club draw, I don't think I'd bet that turn again. You're only hoping to get some naked Tx hands to fold and you can't really expect players at that level to lay down stuff like Jx or a better flushdraw, so there isn't really a point in betting in my opinion.

As played on the river it's really gross since I'd expect most people to raise 9x on the turn and there is no way he is valuebetting worse than Q5 on that board, so his range looks somewhat bluffy to me, busted clubs make sense. That said bad players will often wrongly slowplay hands on bad boards so I wouldn't be surprised to get shown 9x sometimes either, I guess in the hand it's your call.

Hope it helps.