5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($10.58)
      Hero ($10.10)
      BTN ($6.15)
      SB ($9.68)
      BB ($5.52)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is CO 7:spade: 8:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: 5:diamond: 8:heart: 5:club: ($1.25, 3 players)
      BB bets $1, UTG folds, Hero calls $1

Turn: K:heart: ($3.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: K:diamond: ($5.65, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $2.92, Hero folds

OMG hand.

Opp: 53/8/3.3 (vpip, pfr, af)

Again few thoughts about this, but I just know that calling turn and not calling river made this hand just stupid as hell. :)

How should I play this? Call every street or fold and such a turn? Raise flop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't like raising the flop unless you just know he's completely nuts and can jam overcards over a small raise or something like that.

I agree with you that calling the turn to fold the river doesn't make much sense and I'm inclined to just call him down if you've ever seen him bluffing, it looks like a decent spot for him to get creative on a dry paired board that he rarely hits. It's not impossible that he shows you 5x sometimes and Kx a tad more often too tho. Sometimes he'll also be nonsensically playing a better 8x and since your kicker sucks, you might get surprised at how he apparently valuetowned you.

Only thing that worries me a bit is that he nearly potted the flop and than just bet a little more than 1/3 pot on the turn even tho he didn't have much more than a pot sized bet left. Changes in betting patterns usually mean something changed for him on the hand, which could indicate he binked the K and he's now valuebetting instead of bluffing. Of course that's assuming he cares at all what he's betting, maybe he just likes to always bet close to $1 or he's just randomly picking amounts, but it's odd enough to get my attention.

Hope it helps.