UTG+1 ($5.90)
      CO ($13.24)
      Hero ($10.82)
      SB ($9.94)
      BB ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      [CO posts $0.15]
      UTG raises to $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds

Flop: 4:diamond: 2:diamond: 10:heart: ($1.80, 3 players)
      UTG bets $1.80, UTG+1 calls $1.80, Hero folds

Turn: 5:heart: ($5.40, 2 players)
      UTG goes all-in $8.86, UTG+1 goes all-in $3.60

River: K:club: ($12.60, 2 players, 2 all-in)

UTG unknow, but UTG+1 (or MP) was more like 70/30 guy.

Pre: I could squeeze there against two opps as MP would call with random crap and UTG would have a lot harder decision.

Flop: As played - I folded here because.. Don't really know, just wasn't sure if potting flop on such a board and getting caller can mean something good for me - and preflop raise was kinda biggish, so it smelled like KK, AA or set of TT.

Other option would be raise it to 5$ to shove it easly, would it be better?

If I would call the flop and he shoves turn like that? Call even with two players in pot or fold and let it go?
  • 2 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Why aren;t you fullstacked? You have like 70bb.

Pre: I would definitely squeeze. Something like TT+, AQ. You want MP to call with random crap. You're IP with a strong hand, so HU against this fish is da bomb ;) . And you want to make UTG's life hard.
      Flop: when he pots OOP into 2 opps on FD board, his range is quite strong. Something like 22, 44, TT+ and AKs, (ATs) and maybe some bluffs. So you only beat JJ here.

So yeah folding QQ seems nitty but probably the right thing to do.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind your line considering UTG made it 5x to begin with, avoiding so-called "coolers" in spots where in reality you don't beat much villain plays like that for value will do wonders for your winrate and your game as well, as long as you just don't make an habit out of folding overpairs every time somebody bets big.

Wouldn't quarrel with anybody wanting to squeeze preflop either, especially if 5x is just UTG's normal open raise size, in which case his range doesn't have to be that strong and we'd really love to stack the UTG+1 monkey-in-the-middle.

Hope it helps.