Stack
      SB:
      $1.24
      Hero:
      $2.57
      BU:
      $2.03

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , A:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.20) J:heart: , 8:spade: , A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BU calls $0.12, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.44) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.44, Hero calls $0.44.

River: ($1.32) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.32, Hero calls $1.32.

Final Pot: $3.96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Kh As)
      BU shows a pair of jacks (9s Js)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Kh As)

It all worked out but I was wondering if my opponents hand range would have good equity against mine?

I put him on a weaker ace or a Jx but could he have been playing a low pocket pair etc?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Standard "bet for value until you get raised" spot. Bad players play a lot of Ax hands that made top pair, Jx that made 2nd pair, even 8x will call at least one bet all the time, as well as random medium/high cards that have all sorts of gutshots on that flop, you should just bet all the way when in doubt and get their monies.

As played it looks like it worked out indeed but you don't know for sure, this guy's bets make no sense on the turn and the river, maybe he'd have called you down with Jx anyway and might have raised Ax to get it in earlier. Just make a note that he's betting with anything and don't ever fold anything decent to him unless maybe he starts check/minraising or something like that.

Hope it helps.
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Appreciated.