BSS, deep stack tables

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Playing on everest I have a good number of deep stack tables that so far I've been avoiding, however, they often have a good flop percentage, would it make sense to play there BSS with a normal buy-in, without going deep, with only 100bb instead of the max 300bb?

Cause in a way entering so short gives the idea that that there I'll have to play more SSS then not BSS... or to play BSS I would have to buy in for 300bb?

I'm honestly ignorant... what's your opionion?
  • 4 replies
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Of course it makes sense to buyin for 100bb there. In fact, quite a few of these tables are filled up with 50-100bb stacks, and these tables are almost always profitable. This goes for both nl10 and nl25 on everest
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply knb!

I've had a shot yesterday at a couple of deep stack tables but I didnt went too well as I think I was just too nervous seeing people with such big stacks, but I'll give it a go again and maybe being more relaxed will help :f_grin:
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      its not +ev in the long run to put yourself at a disadvantage v big stackers and you're not maximizing your effect v short stackers
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i wondered the same thing, if i join a big stack table do i buy in for 200bb or just 100bb?