This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BSS, deep stack tables

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Playing on everest I have a good number of deep stack tables that so far I've been avoiding, however, they often have a good flop percentage, would it make sense to play there BSS with a normal buy-in, without going deep, with only 100bb instead of the max 300bb?

Cause in a way entering so short gives the idea that that there I'll have to play more SSS then not BSS... or to play BSS I would have to buy in for 300bb?

I'm honestly ignorant... what's your opionion?
  • 4 replies
    • knb22
      knb22
      Bronze
      Of course it makes sense to buyin for 100bb there. In fact, quite a few of these tables are filled up with 50-100bb stacks, and these tables are almost always profitable. This goes for both nl10 and nl25 on everest
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply knb!

I've had a shot yesterday at a couple of deep stack tables but I didnt went too well as I think I was just too nervous seeing people with such big stacks, but I'll give it a go again and maybe being more relaxed will help :f_grin:
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      its not +ev in the long run to put yourself at a disadvantage v big stackers and you're not maximizing your effect v short stackers
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i wondered the same thing, if i join a big stack table do i buy in for 200bb or just 100bb?