• 45 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Megadeth, Metallica, and Nightwish. nuff said
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      My experiences are that i play the best in quiet without TV, without music, without girlfriend:) )
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      I listen radio + some times watch films on othere PC :) still able to 12 table.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Depends on the number of tables; yes 4/6 tables, nope with more as my CPU goes nuts.
    • 13BlackCats
      13BlackCats
      Bronze
      My experiences are that i play the best in quiet without TV, without music, without girlfriendsmile ) My experiences are that i play the best in quiet without TV, without music, without girlfriendsmile )

+1
    • 13BlackCats
      13BlackCats
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      My experiences are that i play the best in quiet without TV, without music, without girlfriend:) )
      +1
    • GarFie1D
      GarFie1D
      Bronze
      mostly yes, but on hi-limits turn off everything around :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      tune in to elvis duran and the morning show. best ever radio show for the last god knows how many years.
    • vimtogal
      vimtogal
      Bronze
      If i feel myself starting to tilt i put irreplaceable on by beyonce shhh lol or even worse any miley cyrus song haha but they calm me right down and put me in winning mode again :s_cool:
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      I started out trying to watch tv series. Wasn't a good idea because I lost focus on poker or only got half from the story of the series, so I started listening to podcasts while playing.

I need to have some entertainment as I am simply not able to play a lot of tables at the same time, so it's get boring pretty fast for me.
    • Gzave
      Gzave
      Bronze
      When I take a bad beat I remove my ofice chair and bring my drum throne, drug my drums close to the PC and play a loop every time I fold. It makes me feel better.

I guess, yes, I play music while playing poker... Literally...
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Nas - Illmatic
      Gangstar - Moment of truth (R.I.P)
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      [QUOTE]
      My experiences are that i play the best in quiet without TV, without music, without girlfriend =)

+2
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I firmly believe that is a great mistake lots of players do, I also did at the beginning because I was getting bored but I dropped due to the fact that I wasn't attentive.Are you bored?Open more tables till you are constantly busy with poker.

Why multitasking??Why shooting yourself in the leg? Why on PS if you looking just for fun?? You want an edge over the fish but you just sabotage yourself with music.
      When you do one thing like learning, you just learn and nothing else, you play poker ,that's what you only do.
      I want to ask you guys who play with music , do you also listen to your mp3 while watching tv or gettin laid for instance??

When you concentrate your attention on one thing you do it at 100% quality. If you multitask you divide your attention on 2 + thing, so divide the quality to poker and music,resulting you play with roughly 50% your potential.

So do yourself a favour and next time you listen to music to stay off of tilt or other excuses you invent, just turn off your PC for god's sake and your BR's sake.

Stop shooting yourself in the leg!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 13BlackCats
      Originally posted by Alan883
      +1

Thanks guy.

Judges never wrote to me +1 when i made a comment in hand evaluation.

it so nice to get some '+1' here:) )
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I have music on depending on how I feel. Sometimes I find it distracting and turn it off, other times I find it helps me think. Especially with certain music that was (supposedly) helping stimulate my brain I've had some very encouraging results. I didn't feel nearly as tired after my sessions, didn't have as many problems with getting distracted, could put in more volume in each session ... I guess it helped me increase my stamina.

These days I simply put my fav online radio on the playlist and trance my brain away while playing. I find it that it helps me stay fresh and that can't be a bad thing.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      I don't. And I even think it's a bigger mistake while playing live. Those headphones make you miss so much information.
    • qakaripodon
      qakaripodon
      Bronze
      music is the best thing that keeps my mind away from getting tilt, bored and other things that have bad effects in my sessions i play