[NL2-NL10] NL200SH AQs vs squeeze

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $491.09
      Hero:
      $197

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $2.00, Hero raises to $9.00, SB calls $8.00, BB raises to $29.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $88.00, SB folds, BB calls $59.00.

Flop: ($187.00) 4:spade: , 8:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $109 (All-In), BB folds.

Final Pot: $296.00

SB is a fish and BB too crazy to give him any credit. I decided to 4bet instead of going all in because i hoped that it would look stronger. But unfortunately he called it anyway.
      On the flop , is my all in correct? and if he donked do i have an easy fold?
  • 3 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I like the flop play. After he showed weakness by checking with 2:1 pot odds it's a very good spot for bluff here imo.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi undercover82!

I would definitely not 4-bet here. After a call and that 3-bet/squeeze play I would just call and hope to hit the flop. What would you do against an all-in push from SB or BB?
      Like you played it I think a push on the flop is ok to complete the bluff. You were representing a monster preflop so you should do that on the flop as well. Even if he calls you you have some outs and maybe also the best hand if he is crazy enough to call preflop with AJ or AT.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      This board is bad to follow up with the bluff because he will look you up with TT/JJ/etc. and so the only thing you can hope is that he has AK _and_ folds it or his 4-bet-calling range is incredible wide.