Flame Me!!!!

• jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      I deserve it....

I played Hold em, No limits, multi-playing on 3 tables for a couple of hours today.

I am pretty new and was playing BSS with my starting hand chart by my side. I won a few, lost a few and at the end of my session was 1% up.

When I finished I analysed my hands and although I knew I was straying from the chart occasionally, I didn't think I had done too much harm.

Wrong!!!!

If I hadn't entered the pots that the starting hand chart advised against my profit would have been 43%

And the hands I played were not total rubbish
      AQs, AQs, KQs, KQs, AJs, KTs, KTs, QTs

Just played out of position or I didn't follow the rules religiously.

So newbies, like me, I recommend stick to the starting hand guide!!

And if I could have learnt to fold in unpromising positions as well that would have been 54% profit
  • 3 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think position is a bit of a biggie in my experience its ok to stray from the charts slightly but only against the right opponents and with position. Other than that i think you've learnt your lesson for today and at least your a player who knows they are making a mistake, first step to fixing it eh!
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Yep - I have had a break and am going back in there - this time sticking to my charts!!!!
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Just as an update played on 4 tables trying to stick to the chart.

Didn't have fantastic cards and only saw flop 10% of the time (which makes concentration difficult) - having said that I was up on all four tables - profit 16%.

And yes I did play out of position at times, but nowhere nearly as much and this time it only meant me losing an extra 1.5% of profit.