This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Flame Me!!!!

• jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      I deserve it....

I played Hold em, No limits, multi-playing on 3 tables for a couple of hours today.

I am pretty new and was playing BSS with my starting hand chart by my side. I won a few, lost a few and at the end of my session was 1% up.

When I finished I analysed my hands and although I knew I was straying from the chart occasionally, I didn't think I had done too much harm.

Wrong!!!!

If I hadn't entered the pots that the starting hand chart advised against my profit would have been 43%

And the hands I played were not total rubbish
      AQs, AQs, KQs, KQs, AJs, KTs, KTs, QTs

Just played out of position or I didn't follow the rules religiously.

So newbies, like me, I recommend stick to the starting hand guide!!

And if I could have learnt to fold in unpromising positions as well that would have been 54% profit
  • 3 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think position is a bit of a biggie in my experience its ok to stray from the charts slightly but only against the right opponents and with position. Other than that i think you've learnt your lesson for today and at least your a player who knows they are making a mistake, first step to fixing it eh!
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Yep - I have had a break and am going back in there - this time sticking to my charts!!!!
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Just as an update played on 4 tables trying to stick to the chart.

Didn't have fantastic cards and only saw flop 10% of the time (which makes concentration difficult) - having said that I was up on all four tables - profit 16%.

And yes I did play out of position at times, but nowhere nearly as much and this time it only meant me losing an extra 1.5% of profit.