This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200SH bad player checkminraises

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $200
      BB:
      $202.25

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6:club: , 5:club: . CO posts a blind of $2.00.
      Hero raises to $9.00, 4 folds, BB calls $7.00.

Flop: ($21.00) 6:diamond: , T:diamond: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $14, BB raises to $28.00, Hero calls $14.00.

Turn: ($77.00) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($77.00) 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $40, Hero calls $40.00.

Final Pot: $157.00

I made a very professional raise with 65s UTG because i felt like stealing the dead money :tongue: . This fish check/minraises , i decided to give him one call and see if he continues his action on the turn. He could have a made flush , a flush draw or possibly just bluffing the scary board. On the turn however i make my trips and now i have to make a decision , do i check behind or bet to protect? I opted for the former , to avoid a checkraise that would really suck and give him a reason to bluff on a harmless river. I would probably have a cheap exit if another diamond fell on the river. What you think of the flop/turn actions?
  • 2 replies