tilt and bankrupt

• AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      made 1000 partypoker standard points...cleared the bonus... up to 450...and in one night...tilt got me and losted all... the question is...what are the best methods against tilt while playing in a session...pls help....and other question...can i get extra fonds from pokerstrategy ???:D i dont have money to deposit...!!!
  • 44 replies
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      800 points to reach K level on party...got damn....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :D
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      puskin....help:D ...another 50$...to start the SSS again...pls
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Hi AlanBogdan!

The only way for you to get more money from PokerStrategy is to take advantages of the PS Tell-a-Friend program.

Regards,
      Ohmu
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      relax..

No need to spam 3 messages in a row, Puschkin will answer when he sees it.

As for now, the only way to get additional money from PS is the TAF-program, I'm quite sure.

There is no easy way to overcome tilting. The best thing you can do is to notice in which situations you start tilting and whenever one of these happens - log out and take a break until you are ready again!

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi AlanBogdan!

Sorry, but we cannot give you the $50+$100 starting capital more than once. First of all: work on your psychological skills. There are several articles concerning psycholgy in our strategy area: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/#bronze
      You should not think about playing poker before you have solved your tilt problem. Only make a deposit when you are sure that you don't tilt anymore. If you don't have any money to deposit you should try freerolls and work your way back or use our Tell-A-Friend program.

Good luck!
      Puschkin81
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      if I only could relax...man...worked 2 weeks...to get there...and then played to much cause i wanted to reach A level this quarter...and that bankrupt me...played to muuuuch....and now i cant relax...
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      ok..puskin..i got the ideea...tryed that..as well to play in the 250 pp 1500$ tourney...i still got like 1500pp. ..after failing in few tournaments...every time AA or KK lost for me...but...i`ll fight my way back... It's much more rewarding to crawl out of a hole with your bare hands than to use a jetpack. i read the psihology article...but...what can i say...wanted to much...not money...wanted to get to A level this quarter...seems i failed... but we will meat again at the tables...:) good luck and 10x for the help...!
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Just wondering , on what limit did you lose 450$?
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      until i got tilded or after...until i got tilded played 9 tables at 10NL
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      obviously i mean when you lost the big money... coz you cant lose 450$ on NL10 !
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Hi again AlanBogdan!

What I do suggest is that you'd have another look at the bankroll management article. There is almost no way that you could've gone broke so fast with proper bankroll management.
      And after you've taken a break, reagained your cool, I suggest you to redeem your PartyPoint to cash, instead of redeeming them for tournament entries. As you seem to have quite a lot of PartyPoints you should get some $10-$20 bucks from them. But you should treat that money with care, as to when you go broke again, then you don't have any other options besides the ones described above.

Regards,
      Ohmu
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      if only i could reedem less then 2500 pp ...i would...trust me:D ... then...i know the bankroll management teory...and that`s how i got up to 450...but when i was tilded...i played 22 NL hup and 50NL...stupid things like that...that`s tilt for me...the real tilt...but...i hope i learned my lesson...and hope to the future...cause i still want to be a profesional poker player...this 450$ lost be a small price for a big lesson...anyway...ty all for the help...really good forum...really really good...hope i can revive from the deads...if not...i would eventualy make some money and deposit...!
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      Username:
      AlanBogdan
      PartyPoints Balance: 1,533
      Earned: 1,189
      Last Updated: 2007-09-16 00:00:00.0

You can redeem PartyPoints at the rate of 100 points equal to 1 dollar
      You need at least 2,500 PartyPoints for redeeming points for cash!
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Tilt is playing worse than you are capable of because of outside factors. Playing games several times too big for your bankroll isn't tilt, although you were probability tilting on top of that, it's just irresponsible behaviour and saying it was "tilt" is an excuse, one you wouldn't think to make if you'd never heard of "tilt". You can forget about becoming a "professional" until you can at least manage your risk correct and don't just say "what the hell" when you're in a bad mood and bring large chunks of your bankroll to games you might not beat even if you were on top form.

You really need some time off; registered at the end of august and trying for ace status with only one month of play and a $50 bankroll? That's far too much poker, don't try to model yourself after the 150k hands per month guys, they're just crazy. Normal people can't play their A game for that long every day. You should be worrying about whether you have a gambling problem, playing higher than you can afford is a sign of that too.

Spend a week or two getting the sense of urgency out of your system and leave your balance at zero. You can review your play and results during this period and see how well you really were or were not playing. $50 -> $450 is a good sign provided that you were keeping to bankroll management until the end (I'm assuming that it was $450 before you went mad and that you didn't reach that figure at that time), and you may do well if you manage to calm down a little when you return.

After that, there is the issue of your balance but there are a few solutions to that.

Obviously you could deposit, but remember that at that point poker has become an expense until you have a bankroll you can sustain and cash out the total of all your deposits, so plan accordingly. Decide how much you are willing to invest in poker total and how much per week. Make your deposits small (<=$20) and play the smallest game you can.

You could get another free bankroll at another poker site. There are a few places that offer this, and obviously I won't name them but it's a second free shot at this with no risk and no guilt. You could cash out and transfer to party when you've played however much the t&c of the offer require.

You could play freerolls to win a few dollars then try to build that up. This requires the most patience and thus might actually be best for you, but it could be a very long road indeed. Still, a number of today's online pros started like this.

Finally, you could just walk away; this is the most important option of all, and if you can't seriously consider it, you should forget all the others. Being able to stop (at a certain limit, in a session, at a table, in a hand) is what distinguishes us from plain addicts, and nobody wants to be an addict.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlanBogdan
      what are the best methods against tilt while playing in a session

sry if this sounds a bit sarcastic but i have to admit that i can´t really feel sorry for you ^^
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      i read ur post...it`s full of wisdom...really...i know i have some problems...but they are because i played allot of poker...paid my way ... that`s why i dont have money now...cause i paid everything i learned...! that`s why i wanted the A level so quick...cause i had something to recover in my head...but i was so wrong...450 $ was the cost...now i know what i have to do...i hope so...i`ll wait until i get 600$ ...make a deposit at full tilt.....they have a 100% bonus up to 600$ and 27% rake back...and allot of micro stakes tables...i`ll play 10NL until i get to 800$ and then 25Nl...40 buy`ins...that will be the proper bankroll management for me...at least 40 buy`ins...until i make that money...i`ll try to win some money with the 1500 pp i still have...anyway...nice post... ty allot for ur help!
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      frzl...it`s no problem for me ... but i would wont to explain why,...cause i opened this thread to get some info and allot of help...u cant help me with this post at all...pls...if u have some critics...give them to me...i`ll learn from them...!!!
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      you could also look for some no deposit boni at the internet. some sites offer you 5-10$ from time to time and you don´t have to cash in money. maybe you can claim 1 or 2 of these boni and play your way up to 50$ and then deposit to partypoker or stars again.
    • AlanBogdan
      AlanBogdan
      Bronze
      i dont have a problem in cash in...i cashed in 2000-3000$ by now...to learn poker...before i read a thing...after i got busted...started reading allot of forums...i read a few books...i played with some pro`s...live i speak...(internet pro`s) and i sat allot of night`s to watch them play...asked them questions...things like that...i`ll have the money in about 3 weeks...until then i have to read all the articles here...i`ll get the gold status the next update...i beat the micro in a normal moment really easy...partypoker i mean...i didn`t play at fulltilt but freerolls...1 time in money...2$...not really a big help:) ...anyway...i`m still waiting for your critics...what did i do wrong...how should i avoid that...what`s to do:D ...i know from the other users...but the more the best...and sorry for my english ...