what does that SnG mean?

• nepisk
      nepisk
      Bronze
      hi, i am new here. (just read the basics), so i haven't faced the word SnG yet. So could someone explain me, what's that? :) thanks u, guys :) will be waiting, for comments ;)
  • 6 replies
    • nepisk
      nepisk
      Bronze
      sorry guys, dont answer to my question :D i realise, that SnG means---> Sit n' Go :D i thought, it was much more deeper idea of this word :)
    • cauelaratta
      cauelaratta
      Bronze
      It means Sit and Go. It´s a kind of one-table tourney, it can be for 6 or 10 players. Each player begins with the same number of chips and the blinds go up from time to time until there´s only one player left.

On full-ring SnG (10 players), the first, second and third players win money. On Short-handed Sng (6 players), only the first and second.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/#basic

gl,

C.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cauelaratta
      It means Sit and Go. It´s a kind of one-table tourney, it can be for 6 or 10 players.
      or 2, or 9
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      I thought it meant super natural goats? wtf!?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      ^LOL

tbh, google something next time before you ask.

And it's not a one table tourny. It's a tourny that starts exactly when it has a set amount of players. Normal tournaments begin at a set time regardless of the amount of players that joined.

Sng's can be one table or 10 tables or any other amount.. But they pretty much stop at 360. Although multi table sng's are played very similarly to tournaments..
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eteris
      Originally posted by cauelaratta
      It means Sit and Go. It´s a kind of one-table tourney, it can be for 6 or 10 players.
      or 2, or 9
      Or 4 or 18 or 27 or 45 or 90 or 180 or 360 :]