[NL2-NL10] Some NL10 SH rush poker hands.

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I'm kind of new to SH, I used to play Full Ring, but switched a few days ago, and I did great. However, I still have big leaks in my game, I get into marginal situations too often, where I don't know whether to fold or call, so I'll post a few hands where I didn't know what to do and ended up screwing everything, basically.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $12.02
      MP2:
      $4.87
      MP3:
      $33.33
      CO:
      $18.44
      BU:
      $14.51
      SB:
      $7.56

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.85) 6, J, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($4.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO raises to $7.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $18.25.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jc Ac).
      CO shows three of a kind, sixs(6s 6c).

CO wins with three of a kind, sixs(6s 6c).

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $9.17
      SB:
      $10.45
      BB:
      $14.76
      MP2 (Hero):
      $6.20
      MP3:
      $28.56
      CO:
      $24.89

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) Q, 3, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, CO folds, SB calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.8) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB raises to $9.30, Hero calls $3.05(All-In).

River: ($17.15) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.15.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and threes(K K).
      SB shows a flush, queen high(Jh 9h).

SB wins with a flush, queen high(Jh 9h).

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $14.20
      MP2:
      $12.30
      MP3:
      $3.20
      CO:
      $9.34
      BU (Hero):
      $10.68
      SB:
      $10.98

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) A, J, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.9) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.9) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $10.9.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of nines(9c Ts).
      SB shows three of a kind, eights(8c 8h).

SB wins with three of a kind, eights(8c 8h).

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $9.20
      SB (Hero):
      $9.65
      BB:
      $11.46
      MP2:
      $5.94
      MP3:
      $9.66
      CO:
      $2.48

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) T, J, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.7) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.85.

River: ($3.2) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.95, Hero calls $1.95.

Final Pot: $7.1.
      Results follow:

BB shows a straight, queen high(Qd 9s).
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and tens(Kd Jd).

BB wins with a straight, queen high(Qd 9s).
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hand 1

Kind of hard to say vs unknown. Preflop can be 3bet or call depending on CO. If he tends to call 3bets light, then you want to 3bet. Turn would most likely just keep betting to try get stacks in, but checking can be a good plan vs aggrssive players, or if you don't think you can get all in vs worse hands. River I would usually call since your line looks really weak, and I don't think people check better hands on the turn that often. Though could obv be a fold if he is passive and trappy.

Hand 2

Edit: Thought river all-in was $17 and misread stack sizes a bit. If range is only flushes + better, this is a clear fold. If CO ever has stuff like QT then it's an easy call. You will just have to guess what he is doing, which is obv going to be hard on rush poker. The fact that you only have 60bb might make his stack-off range a bit looser, making me more inclined to call. But not really sure either way. :f_confused:

Hand 3

I would bet/fold flop. You only have 6 clean outs, and the price isn't good enough. River I don't think betting accomplishes anything. At this point, SB either has: A bluff that for some reason stopped betting on the turn - or a made hand that didn't like the turn. Made hand isn't folding ever, and you are ahead of bluffs. I might consider betting the turn, however, if SB is the sort of player that can fold stuff and his flop range is loose enough. At that point we have no showdown value vs bluffs, so want him to fold his queen high or whatever. We also have pot equity and fold equity vs made hands, since it's very easy to put us on a flush. Checking is also fine - and probably better if your not sure what his play means.

Hand 4

I would raise pre. Bet/fold turn since he has Tx or better a lot of the time.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hand 1

Kind of hard to say vs unknown. Preflop can be 3bet or call depending on CO. If he tends to call 3bets light, then you want to 3bet. Turn would most likely just keep betting to try get stacks in, but checking can be a good plan vs aggressive players, or if you don't think you can get all in vs worse hands. River I would usually call since your line looks really weak, and I don't think people check better hands on the turn that often. Though could obv be a fold if he is passive and trappy.

Hand 2

Edit: Thought river all-in was $17 and misread stack sizes a bit. If range is only flushes + better, this is a clear fold. If CO ever has stuff like QT then it's an easy call. You will just have to guess what he is doing, which is obv going to be hard on rush poker. The fact that you only have 60bb might make his stack-off range a bit looser, making me more inclined to call. But not really sure either way. :f_confused:

Hand 3

I would bet/fold flop. You only have 6 clean outs, and the price isn't good enough. River I don't think betting accomplishes anything. At this point, SB either has: A bluff that for some reason stopped betting on the turn - or a made hand that didn't like the turn. Made hand isn't folding ever, and you are ahead of bluffs. I might consider betting the turn, however, if SB is the sort of player that can fold stuff and his flop range is loose enough. At that point we have no showdown value vs bluffs, so want him to fold his queen high or whatever. We also have pot equity and fold equity vs made hands, since it's very easy to put us on a flush. Checking is also fine - and probably better if your not sure what his play means.

Hand 4

I would raise pre. Bet/fold turn since he has Tx or better a lot of the time.
      Sounds good. As usual hard to say anything with confidence with no reads, you just need to be happy with your standard lines and play them until you notice they aren't working. That's just how rush poker works. If you really want to get better at hand reading and reading people I'd just suggest you get some normal tables so that you can play more than one hand with a guy and learn stuff about him.

Hope it helps.