Showdown winnings incorrect

• barbarjinks
      barbarjinks
      Bronze
      hi yesterday after reading the elephant blolg I realised how out of date my elephant was so i decided to update it as i wanted to make use of the sng section aswel. Before I installed the new dev build my original elephant was showing that i was up $33, also when i installed the recent dev build it was still showing $33. However when i closed the program and re-opened it later on it showed my database empty!! Seen as i cleared out my database not long ago as it was full of stars stats and i moved to full tilt, my hand historys are still saved on my computer so a quick import should have done the trick right, wrong! it now shows that i am $15 up. After scratching my head for a while I took a look at my hand historys and found this

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.28
      CO:
      $6.49
      BU:
      $4.92
      SB (Hero):
      $5.52
      BB:
      $6.73
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $8.17

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, T.
      5 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) J, J, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($0.1) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, BB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.05.

River: ($0.3) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $3.45, BB raises to $6.58, Hero calls $1.92.

Final Pot: $12.25.

Results follow:
      BB shows a full-house, jacks full of tens(T J).
      Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of tens(J T).
      BB wins with a full-house, jacks full of tens(T J).
      Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of tens(J T).

As you can see its a split pot but elephant is showing me loosing $5.52 I havent found any more yet but I wondered if anybody else has had this problem, Can it be sorted or should i just go back to the original elephant?

Thanks

Barbarjinks
  • 9 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      deleted
    • barbarjinks
      barbarjinks
      Bronze
      So any hand where im allin after the river would miscalculate or any hand where its a split pot miscalculate? because like i mentioned this is the only hand i found yet their is a $18 difference in my overall winnings. I understand that it is beta and their will be bugs but would i be better off using the old software as i never found a problem with it
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      deleted
    • barbarjinks
      barbarjinks
      Bronze
      Cheers opal99 for your replies. I undertsand what your saying about the EV calculations but I wasnt aware that elephant calculated EV ?( Im proberbly wrong (dont have licence for full version yet) but if someone on the dev team could give me any info that would be great
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I'm idiot...

No idea why I started to talk about EV ^^ Have been reading a lot about EV on other forums and then noticed this thread and automaticaly continued about EV...

I'm sorry about going totally offtopic - i'm not even aware of Elephant being able to count any sort of EV...

So, please, ignore everything what I wrote so far (going to edit it to keep thread ontopic) and wait for dev guys ;)
    • barbarjinks
      barbarjinks
      Bronze
      Just found another one it seems to be the split pots

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $6.04
      BB:
      $5.63
      UTG1:
      $4.11
      UTG2:
      $4.60
      MP1:
      $2.01
      MP2:
      $2.41
      MP3:
      $8.92
      CO:
      $2.89
      BU:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, BB folds, MP2 raises to $2.41, Hero calls $1.71.

Flop: ($4.87) 4, 8, 7 (2 players)

Turn: ($4.87) 5 (2 players)

River: ($4.87) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.87.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, eight high(A K).
      MP2 shows a straight, eight high(J A).

Hero wins with a straight, eight high(A K).
      MP2 wins with a straight, eight high(J A).

This one shows a loss of $2.41 but again its an allin situation im gonna keep looking to see if i can find a split pot without allin and see wot the outcome is
    • barbarjinks
      barbarjinks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      I'm idiot...

No idea why I started to talk about EV ^^ Have been reading a lot about EV on other forums and then noticed this thread and automaticaly continued about EV...

I'm sorry about going totally offtopic - i'm not even aware of Elephant being able to count any sort of EV...

So, please, ignore everything what I wrote so far (going to edit it to keep thread ontopic) and wait for dev guys ;)
      Dont worry about it at least you had a try at answering cheeres for trying anyhow :D
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      That is maybe reason why my reimported stats are wrong.
      I will search trough hands later to find my split pots.
    • PS.Markus
      PS.Markus
      Bronze
      Hi barbarjinks,

please either post or send an email with the original hand histories (text file format) of the apparently miscalculated hands.

Thank you!

Cheers,
      M.