Move a limit up or NOT???

• rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Hello guys and girl.
      I haven't been posting a lot/any but i read daily you forum (hand ev., blogs, discussions...)
      I have a question for you.
      I am playing SSS on NL10, 4-6 tables, for the few months but only since i moved from iPoker to another nicer network I'm getting really nice profit. I started with my own €30. I managed to cash out those €30 and another €50(to buy something from poker for the first time).
      I didn't want to move up as soon as I had bankroll for it, I rather stayed on the limit to kind a learn it and stuff... I have about 10k hands behind me at NL10 and at the moment I have enough bankroll to move up to NL20 ($120). But I am pretty much running below EV. only last three days I am up +$13 instead of +$40.
      Now the question is:
      If you were running below EV, as I am, but are still making profit and are on the limit switch would you move a limit up, or you would stay on the same limit?

I guess I'm making profit coz there is soo much fish in the NL10, but the higher the limit the less fish there is so would it be smart to move a limit up?
      And all this solely on poker winnings, no rakeback no bonuses yet...

ups... this should maybe be moved to another more appropriate forum... but still
  • 6 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      What's the buy in? Didn't iPoker make it 30bb minimum? If they did - you're not playing SSS but some weird variation of yours which is -ev in the long run.

If it's still 20 bb - ignore the above lines.

Now for your question - you can never know if you are ready for a limit if you don't try it. I'd try the higher limit but move down if I meet very strong resistance or I lose like 10 BI pretty fast.

Forget what the ev line says. It's going to be around the green line but it takes a lot of hands. My ev line is always 2-3 bi above/down my green line over 50000 hands and I am playing woth 100 bb at a table. For the SSS players it's not unusual the ev line to be 15-20 bi above/below the green line.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Btw i'm guessing it poker heaven you play at? If so the EV line isnt accurate...Because PT3/HEM carnt pick up what your opponents mucked cards are. So the only time you see your opponents cards at an ALL_IN show down is when either A) You lose B) They decide to show you your cards. For these reassons you'll "run below EV".

Just move up when you have the bankroll tbh.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      move up when possible, move down when you take big hits. never be afraid to take shots at the big tables, as long as you stick to proper bankroll management you'll be fine.

the advantage of moving down is that you already know that you can beat that limit and that you will no longer be conscious of the money since you already have experience at higher limits.
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rorrlsh
      ......the higher the limit the less fish there is......
      You will still find loads of fish at NL20, so don't worry about that.
      Move up and try it, but set yourself a loss limit and move down when/if you hit it.
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answer guys...
      I know there is a lot of fish on micro limits no matter NL10 or NL20 but still.

As most of you recommended I'll try to move the limit up. Why not take a shot?
      I ll try to have 1-2 tables of NL20 open and the rest of NL10. so hopefully it ll be ok. Finally, last night I broke the limit barrier so I'll have a day off today.
      I also have some points so I plan on buying some bonuses($5-$10) which will be easier to clean with higher limits and they are equal to about 40% rakeback so that could help my bankroll too:-)

anyway thanks for the help...
      good luck...
      PS: hopefully you ll see my blog too :-)
      cheers
    • Mrt1989
      Mrt1989
      Bronze
      On what site are you playing now ?