Stacks:
      UTG StitchPT (45,169)
      CO Wanita1 (6,580)
      BTN Hero (34,293)
      SB Gitans16 (28,459)
      BB moonflower68 (7,967)

Blinds: 200/400 Ante 50

Pre-Flop: (850, 5 players) Hero is BTN 9:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero says "maybe,", StitchPT calls 400, 1 fold, Hero calls 400, Gitans16 calls 200, moonflower68 checks

Flop: Q:diamond: 9:diamond: 7:club: (1,850, 4 players)
      Gitans16 bets 1,200, 1 fold, StitchPT calls 1,200, Hero calls 1,200

Turn: K:spade: (5,450, 3 players)
      Gitans16 checks, StitchPT checks, Hero bets 3,600, Gitans16 calls 3,600, StitchPT raises to 7,200, Hero says "I bet one of you has like 10J and made his straight on the turn", Hero folds, Gitans16 folds

Final Pot: 19,850
      StitchPT shows a straight, Nine to King
      J:spade: 10:heart:

StitchPT wins 19,850 (net +11,000)

Hero lost 5,250
      Gitans16 lost 5,250
      moonflower68 lost 450

If your wondering why i play so agressive, it's because i focus alot on metagame. I bluff alot to get payed off when i do hit.
  • 13 replies
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Pretty standard fold there.. but it was a nice read anyways :s_cool:
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Nice 622th post.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Sadly after an hour of heads up (the blinds rise slowly) I got second in that 90man KO sng. Kept running into big hands. Straight vs flush several times, there would always be only 3 of the same suit so it wasn't that obvious. Or straight vs full house. happened like 5 times total... And in the end i was too tired to keep playing and just wasted my chips by shoving with air. (was 5 am lol)

I've actualy reraised in spots like that, it's really all about what read i got on the person. I knew Stitch would always slowplay his trips/straights/flushes etc. I've reraised people with 8 high after they called my bets on every street when i knew they had nothing.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      IMO that was mega bad play o.O

and this "meta game" theory is not going to work because you will have no chips left when it does come to you having a hand.

I mean cmon, limping J9 then calling a raise after another guy called with second pair? What is PS coming too... :f_eek:
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Haven't seen more obvious hand than this one.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      awesome read, when it's 2011 and you move up to $2 dollar sngs I'm sure you will own everyone then.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      You mentioned your read in the chat window while other players in the hand are still to act? :f_mad:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Dude, don't say stuff like that in the chat while there are people involved in the hand! That's just plain awful.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Jeez you guys need to lighten up. I thought this was "fun & offtopic"

This was the final table of a 90man KO 3 hours i had been playing with them already. I have a ton of notes on them and alot of stats in the HUD, So i know how to play against them.

And actualy being loose agressive on the final table does work. Why wouldn't it work? Here is how i look at it:

1 You make good bluffs. This is crucial part of the strategy: If you fail at reading people. Then don't do it. I know when to bluff and they will give up their hands most of the time.

2 When your bluffs do get caught players will not give you credit for a hand as often. In fact these players are so bad they will call me down with bottom pair when i have TPTK/two pair etc.

It works, as long as your good at bluffing. Seeing as how i went from shortstack to chipleader with my agressive play confirms that even more. And i would have won the heads up if i wasn't so tired of playing and just decided to end it.

Btw why are all of you making such a big deal out of it that i said it in the chat? It's a $1 sng who gives a crap? Besides if you actualy listen to other players reads then you really are an idiot.

Anyway i just posted this for fun, So stop being so serious T_T
      Bronze
      I can agree with you that they can be nicer to you in this thread.

However they are right about not mentioning your hand or theirs.

It does not matter what the buy in is you can get in trouble from the poker room for it.

Lets say the other players in the hand are trying to work out their odds and outs and chances
      of taking the pot. When you refer to their hands and them having cards it reveals that you
      probably do not hold a T or a J and definately not TJ.

Its also wrong to say what you folded while the hand is still live.

I am not picking on you here just letting you know they are right and you can find it on the client rules
      page. Poker Stars for one says even lying about your hand is not alloud.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Seems you are right that it is against the rules. Although i don't them making a big problem out of it.

Also i will explain my thought process here.

Preflop: I could have folded, j-9 is not a strong hand. Then again i was in the button. And i'm trying to play more in the button and taking more advantage of it as i've actualy lost a little money in the button in the last 19k hands in sng's. Which obviously is really bad..

Flop: I hit second pair, gitans bet. He could have pretty much anything there. I decide to call. See what they do on the turn, and then see if it's worth taking the risk of trying to bluff them out of the pot.

Turn: Stitch checks, gitans check. I've seen Sitch check when he made monsters several times and then reraise. However just because he checked doesn't mean he made a straight. I take a shot at it. He reraises me, i know he made his straight and i fold.

Now let's look at besides that.

My bluff would have worked had Stitch not made his straight. Gitans folded to the reraise, which means he probably had nothing and doesn't have a strong hand for a fact. He might have nothing, a Q or a 7 or even a flush draw. My image is very agressive so he's calling with again alot of hands on the turn.

Had stitch not made his straight he would have folded. Gitans would have called, i would have fired another barrel on the river of about 8000 chips on the river. Which he simply could not have called unless he had a King or a Queen. He knows i can have pretty much any two cards here so he might even fold a queen alot of the time.

I can easiliy show you 20 bluffs i pulled of that did work, but just because my bluff didn't work. Doesn't mean it was bad.
      Bronze
      I was just commenting on the table talk not the hand. Maybe you should post it in the evaluation
      section and see what kind of discussion comes up from it.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      xD i was just saying i'm not an agressive donk Who just bluffs at everything. I had like 12-15 VP Till the final table. I didn't play alot of hands, i pick my hands and the spots i bluff in carefully. After a hour of heads up, playing about every single hand my average vp was even only 28.

If i had the chance to do this hand over, i would have played it exactly the same. Because i have no doubt that everytime he doesn't make his straight on the turn i would have taken the pot.

I don't think it'd be smart to post this in the hand evaluation. Because if you just look at the hand, without knowing anything. You'd think i'm being way to agressive and probably have Fancy Play Syndrome. And there is not really a chance someone could change my mind. Unless they back it up with very solid arguements and proof.

Really need to get to bed lol..