This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush QQ

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.28
      BB:
      $9.23
      UTG1:
      $9.79
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $9.75
      MP1:
      $3.16
      MP2:
      $6.26
      MP3:
      $4.02
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.49

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.45, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 calls $0.55.

Flop: ($2.07) J, 8, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP2 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($6.07) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24.

River: ($8.55) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $8.55.

I think i screwed up a bit here. Im not so sure about the standard plays in NL5 so much, is 4betting preflop QQ viable against an unknown? fold to a 5-bet?

On the flop i get a good board. i get raised which blows, it kinda scared me, but my reaction was probably not optimal. i didnt really consider his range here. My analysis is that his range is probably something like 99+, AQo+ AJs+ seeing that he didnt 5bet me that make AA or KK a bit less likely. but just to be safe, i with the following range: 99-KK, AJs+,AQo+ i have 67% equity here. Given those numbers, what's the best course of action?

Now on the turn, his bet sizing is really strange, what does that usually indicate?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

NL5 Rush, no reads whatsoever, who knows.. He could be an aggro donk with complete air or a tight donk taking a milking line with KK+. Only thing with know for sure from his bet sizing is that he's bad on some level. 4-bet/folding and calling preflop are both fine in my opinion.

On the flop he could be pulling a move on you or he could have KK+ with a few Jx hands, and on the turn it just looks like a "i have KK+ but any Jx/8x has a boat now, so I don't want to check but I don't want to bet big either, what do i do". I guess it might also be a weak attempt at continuing some kind of bluff or really milking you with Jx. I'd probably play it like you did to see a showdown, then wish I was playing a normal table so that I could exploit what I learn from it :p

Hope it helps.