$6.26
      MP3:
      $4.02
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.49

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.45, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 calls $0.55.

Flop: ($2.07) J, 8, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP2 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($6.07) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24.

River: ($8.55) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $8.55.

I think i screwed up a bit here. Im not so sure about the standard plays in NL5 so much, is 4betting preflop QQ viable against an unknown? fold to a 5-bet?

On the flop i get a good board. i get raised which blows, it kinda scared me, but my reaction was probably not optimal. i didnt really consider his range here. My analysis is that his range is probably something like 99+, AQo+ AJs+ seeing that he didnt 5bet me that make AA or KK a bit less likely. but just to be safe, i with the following range: 99-KK, AJs+,AQo+ i have 67% equity here. Given those numbers, what's the best course of action?

Now on the turn, his bet sizing is really strange, what does that usually indicate?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

NL5 Rush, no reads whatsoever, who knows.. He could be an aggro donk with complete air or a tight donk taking a milking line with KK+. Only thing with know for sure from his bet sizing is that he's bad on some level. 4-bet/folding and calling preflop are both fine in my opinion.

On the flop he could be pulling a move on you or he could have KK+ with a few Jx hands, and on the turn it just looks like a "i have KK+ but any Jx/8x has a boat now, so I don't want to check but I don't want to bet big either, what do i do". I guess it might also be a weak attempt at continuing some kind of bluff or really milking you with Jx. I'd probably play it like you did to see a showdown, then wish I was playing a normal table so that I could exploit what I learn from it :p

Hope it helps.