This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH ATo 2nd pair vs flop donk+2nd barrel

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

I don't mind the donk on the flop to much because I have position on him but the 2nd barrel just confuses me.

Stacks:
      UTG GaryTheIndian8 ($10.64)
      UTG+1 Perdz ($8.25)
      CO pcxonfire ($13.73)
      BTN Hero ($10.91)
      SB albpeter ($4.96)
      BB dicmrcrful ($8.22) 51/17 65 donk: N/A WTSD: 22 W$SD: 33 Notes: limp UTG 33

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10:spade: A:club:
      1 fold, Perdz calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, dicmrcrful calls $0.40, Perdz folds

Flop: 10:heart: 3:diamond: J:spade: ($1.15, 2 players)
      dicmrcrful bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15

Turn: 6:club: ($3.45, 2 players)
      dicmrcrful bets $4.05, $4.05 to Hero ($9.26)?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well he's an aggro fish so it goes without saying most of what he does will be confusing. After 65 hands you should have a better idea of how he's playing postflop than I do for sure. Only thing I wouldn't do is jam cause I think it's quite unlikely he bet/calls with stuff that we actually beat unless he's completely insane, so calling the turn and calling any river will usually be a dominating strategy.

If he has never donked out for pot before in 65 hands I wouldn't mess with this line too much, he could play any Jx+ hand like that and we're in deep trouble against those hands already. I'd just fold the turn and look for a pattern in future hands, if he's doing that more often than it seemed at first or I catch him slowplaying top pair+, I'll eventually become suspicious, just close my eyes and call him down with anything decent.

Hope it helps.