[NL2-NL10] ATs MP2

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.07, 2 folds, BU calls $0.07, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.17) 8:club: , T:club: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BU calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.37) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU raises to $1.27, Hero raises to $1.86 (All-In), BU calls $0.45 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($3.81) T:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3.81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, tens (Td Ad)
      BU shows three of a kind, tens (Ah Qs)

Hero wins with four of a kind, tens (Td Ad)

When he called the flop I felt he most likely had a club or king in his hand.

I felt that if he had 2 clubs would most likely be 2 suited connectors or something that he would call preflop with, and if he had this hand he would have raised the flop as he would want to protect against a higher flush draw.

I felt then that when he reraised me so big on the turn that he wasn't really representing much? Flush would have called again?

Anything I should have done differently?

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Flop is so ugly that against more aggressive players it might not even warrant a c-bet, however given that he does seem rather passive so far he's unlikely to mess with us too much with worse hands, mostly he'll probably just call with any Kx Tx club and probably won't bet the turn when checked to unimproved either.

Turn play is fine since he'd likely play another Tx exactly like that and even if he has a flush we still have outs. He shouldn't show up with a made boat too often after not raising the flop, tho it's not uncommon for passive players to treat sets/two pairs as a draw on a monotone flop. Feels kinda bad to get it in given how passive he looks so far but it's a very small sample so I don't think we should get away from that hand.

Hope it helps.