This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Qq Bb

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.52
      MP3:
      $4.26

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP3 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, MP3 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.49) A:diamond: , J:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP3 calls $0.26.

Turn: ($1.01) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($1.01) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (Qd Qc)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, aces (Tc As)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, aces (Tc As)

Calling my 3bet I put him on something like TT+, maybe AJs+.

Think a conti-bet on the flop will be pretty affective most of the time, when he then checks the turn I thought he maybe had hit the J and just didn't want to lay it down on the flop.

Thinking about it now though I see that most hands I put him on have atleast hit that flop and now have me beat on the turn for sure, should I just check fold the river?

Or was my block bet the correct move? Anyhting I should have done differently?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I like more c/f on the river. If you want to make a block bet there bet sth like $0.3 and fold to a raise.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      don't bet river you are just turning your hand into a bluff when you have some equity.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Let's think about his flop calling range. I think someting like this makes sense:

Ax, Jx, KQ, KT.

Once the K hits the turn, you have no value whatsoever in betting again, becasue the only hands you beat are Jx and they're all folding when 2 overcards are showing on the turn.

You can safely c/f that river. He's checking back all of his Jx and when he does that you take down the pot. If he bets, you can be sure you're behind =)

The flop cbet is fine ;-)

Cheers!