Success measured in x BB/100H

• QueenBeaver

the poker lingo has some pitfalls, and I stumbled upon another one: People say that advanced players measure their success in x BB/100H. However, I have seen BB as "Big Blind" or "Big Bet" (two times the big blind). Can anyone clarify if there's a rule what the BB in those successes means?

Also, I have read that 1BB/100H is average on higher limits. I suppose that this is not the average for top players? Has any of the more prominent players ever released their BB/100H numbers?

Thank you.
  • 1 reply
    • NightFrostaSS
      BB is big bet and bb is big blind. 1BB= 2bb. BB should mostly be used for measuring winrates in limit games but since poker tracker and pokertableratings describe winrates in BB/100 for all formats people use it frequently to measure winrates for PL/NL formats.

As for 1BB/100 it's probably correct for fixed limit (not sure since i'm total donk at FL) but it's not that great for NL/PL, it also depends on if it's fullring, shorthanded or heads up tables someone is playing, the more people at the table the lesser winrates are possible. For full ring 1BB/100 is pretty good at mid/high stakes imo.