This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Addicted to Online poker

• theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      I'm an honors student who is writing a mean structural engineering exam in a week, yet I've been spending my time in front of my monitor 6 tabling until the early hours of the morning.

I've made an important discovery about my game though. During the holidays, with all the free time I have, I play alot of online poker, but the negatives in my game are: I tilt easily, make silly plays and hardly ever stick to bankroll management. For the past week however, despite having important work to do, I've been playing really great poker: I'm on a pleasant upswing, I've been playing under a very safe bankroll (61 buy-ins), and have controlled my emotions when I encounter bad beats.

Seems I play my best when I have other important obligations. But tonight I'm calling it quits for poker for the next 2 weeks. I've uninstalled my poker software and tomorrow begins my vicious study routine.

Thank you for reading. :)
  • 2 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Serriously speaking...Good luck with that, $20 says you re install some software within 7days =)

I've been meaning to look for a job for the last 1 1/2 years. And 1 1/2 years latter im still playing poker full time (Dont let my silver rank fool you, i played at an untracked site for a few weeks). Fortunatley i am 100% going back to collage in september and doing something more prodocative with my life.

Wish you all the best.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good luck with your studies theosis and hopefully you'll stay in touch with the community if only via the forum.

Best regards,

Bart