Addicted to Online poker

• theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      I'm an honors student who is writing a mean structural engineering exam in a week, yet I've been spending my time in front of my monitor 6 tabling until the early hours of the morning.

I've made an important discovery about my game though. During the holidays, with all the free time I have, I play alot of online poker, but the negatives in my game are: I tilt easily, make silly plays and hardly ever stick to bankroll management. For the past week however, despite having important work to do, I've been playing really great poker: I'm on a pleasant upswing, I've been playing under a very safe bankroll (61 buy-ins), and have controlled my emotions when I encounter bad beats.

Seems I play my best when I have other important obligations. But tonight I'm calling it quits for poker for the next 2 weeks. I've uninstalled my poker software and tomorrow begins my vicious study routine.

Thank you for reading. :)
  • 2 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Serriously speaking...Good luck with that, $20 says you re install some software within 7days =)

I've been meaning to look for a job for the last 1 1/2 years. And 1 1/2 years latter im still playing poker full time (Dont let my silver rank fool you, i played at an untracked site for a few weeks). Fortunatley i am 100% going back to collage in september and doing something more prodocative with my life.

Wish you all the best.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good luck with your studies theosis and hopefully you'll stay in touch with the community if only via the forum.

Best regards,

Bart