This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Average win rate (BB/100) for micros?

• 7 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey alenstrat,

You need to have a large sample before you can look at your winrate. After around 50,000 hands I think it is a good time to look at your winrate. Anywhere around 10bb is good for micros.

Hope this helps
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Hey alenstrat,

You need to have a large sample before you can look at your winrate. After around 50,000 hands I think it is a good time to look at your winrate. Anywhere around 10bb is good for micros.

Hope this helps
      For FR i would agree, but for SH and HU i would disagree. Varriance casn be brutal in these formats. The fact that you can have 20k break even streaks etc. I would say 100k hands is a better sarmple =)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      For FR i would agree, but for SH and HU i would disagree. Varriance casn be brutal in these formats. The fact that you can have 20k break even streaks etc. I would say 100k hands is a better sarmple =)
      Yeah I totally agree.

I would also like to add that I doubt your 44bb/100 win rate is sustainable.

BB = Big Bets (Playing 2NL, 1BB = 4c)
      bb = Big Blinds (Playing 2NL, 1bb = 2c)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I dont know what the average win rate is or what a 'good' win rate is frankly.
      Mine is $1.14 hr over about 90,000 hands playing 3/4 tables $4 FR.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      I think elephant displays in big blinds/100 by default, though i'm not sure, anyways 22bb/100 is not sustainable too, unless you know what you're doing
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Yeah it's big blinds, sorry about the mix up, I just saw on another post too that BB and bb isn't the same thing. Thanks for the input.

I guess we'll see at the end of one month. My current average is for 4K hands only. Hehehe I had over 100bb average over the first three days though :s_biggrin: then 3 days slump brought it to reality.

With a 10bb win rate I see it's a slow ride to build a bankroll starting from the bottom. Playing 6 tables a couple of hours a day on NL2 is barely 2 or 3 dollars a day. That's around what I had been making before elephant .. I thought I was making too little but I guess I was doing fine.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      What win rate should one have in micros?

After 1 week on Elephant I have 22BB/100 hands. Is that good, bad, average?
      On NL2 with less than 10k hands this is standard bb/100