Average win rate (BB/100) for micros?

• 7 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey alenstrat,

You need to have a large sample before you can look at your winrate. After around 50,000 hands I think it is a good time to look at your winrate. Anywhere around 10bb is good for micros.

Hope this helps
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Hey alenstrat,

You need to have a large sample before you can look at your winrate. After around 50,000 hands I think it is a good time to look at your winrate. Anywhere around 10bb is good for micros.

Hope this helps
      For FR i would agree, but for SH and HU i would disagree. Varriance casn be brutal in these formats. The fact that you can have 20k break even streaks etc. I would say 100k hands is a better sarmple =)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      For FR i would agree, but for SH and HU i would disagree. Varriance casn be brutal in these formats. The fact that you can have 20k break even streaks etc. I would say 100k hands is a better sarmple =)
      Yeah I totally agree.

I would also like to add that I doubt your 44bb/100 win rate is sustainable.

BB = Big Bets (Playing 2NL, 1BB = 4c)
      bb = Big Blinds (Playing 2NL, 1bb = 2c)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I dont know what the average win rate is or what a 'good' win rate is frankly.
      Mine is $1.14 hr over about 90,000 hands playing 3/4 tables $4 FR.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      I think elephant displays in big blinds/100 by default, though i'm not sure, anyways 22bb/100 is not sustainable too, unless you know what you're doing
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Yeah it's big blinds, sorry about the mix up, I just saw on another post too that BB and bb isn't the same thing. Thanks for the input.

I guess we'll see at the end of one month. My current average is for 4K hands only. Hehehe I had over 100bb average over the first three days though :s_biggrin: then 3 days slump brought it to reality.

With a 10bb win rate I see it's a slow ride to build a bankroll starting from the bottom. Playing 6 tables a couple of hours a day on NL2 is barely 2 or 3 dollars a day. That's around what I had been making before elephant .. I thought I was making too little but I guess I was doing fine.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      What win rate should one have in micros?

After 1 week on Elephant I have 22BB/100 hands. Is that good, bad, average?
      On NL2 with less than 10k hands this is standard bb/100