Number of hands played w/ SHT

• QueenBeaver
      QueenBeaver
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've started to bring a little bit of discipline to the table this weekend. I've had my SHT open, had read the post-flop-article about value, protection and pot control, I was ready to take my first steps with this new material.

However, with regards to the SHT and my trusty Poker Tracker, I have some statistical data about the number of hands played. I can see that my VP$IP (which is very close to the % of hands played) is about 7. 7 out of 100 hands. On a normal table, there are 10 blind rounds, and with sticking to the SHT, you don't try to steal them either. My current limit is NL2, so there are 30c going down the drain while I play 7 hands.

However, with increasing frustration I see that in maybe 5 of these 7 hands, I only get the blinds as everyone is folding to a 4/5/6bb bet. I am pretty sure that I do not know enough to stray from the SHT to increase my chances of not being folded down, yet I am not sure what the right play would be to counter this.

Reading the forums you get the impression that on the lowest limits, the number of calling stations is overwhelming, however, that does not seem to apply to the tables I have been frequenting (I play on FTP).

Any tips for an aspiring new player in regards to that specific percieved problem?
  • 3 replies
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Loosen up. VPIP 7 = rock...
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jakosamlud
      +1

Also whats your PFR and Agressive factor (AF)?
    • QueenBeaver
      QueenBeaver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Originally posted by jakosamlud
      +1

Also whats your PFR and Agressive factor (AF)?
      "rock" made me giggle.

PFR is 9 or so (counting some raises where I have been re-raised on the button from one of the blinds and fold afterwards), AFq is about 80 I think, pretty high (as I almost always raise before the flop as commanded by the higher powers of the SHT).