Is this an online tell?

• jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      I limped in from early calling the blind with pocket 7s.

Flop was K 5 2

SB and BB called and as I had 2nd pair I pot-raised hoping to steal the pot or hit trips on the turn.

In a hearbeat SB called.... mmm I thought that was a bit speedy - has he a king and he's trying to slowplay me?

I folded.

Is speed of action an online tell? What would you have done?
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well i wouldn't FOLD after someone CALLS my raise. As for online tells, i see one tell ITT but it's not about the speed that he called you.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I often do consider the speed someone acts a tell. Hardly anyone actualy bothers to try to fool you by taking more time at the micro's

Just ask yourself this.. With what hand would he insta call you?

Unless he got a good read on you and knows you will fold to a reraise or bet on the turn. Then he probably has a king or higher pocket pair..

I wouldn't rely on it too much, but it does help sometimes..
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Fast calling in online poker can be a tell. But you have to take a note on the players which it can be somewhat reliable.

For me when opponents fast call it can mean most of the times one of these:

1 - drawing hand such as FD or OESD (or sometimes a gutshot depending on how much of a calling station the opponent is);

2 - weak made hand such as TPLK or 2nd pair + weak draw;

3 - and sometimes a set.

What I mean is if he though he had a better hand than yours he would stop to consider raising (I mean probably, because if he is very passive he could just call down).

It can mean something else. It all depends on the villain. You have to take a note on that player when you go to showdown to even think of considering it a tell. And don't ever take it for granted. Also if you multitable you won't be as much aware of those.

In your situation I would try to get to showdown without investing more and definetly fold to aggression. If you could go to showdown you could then make a read on the player for future situations.

EDIT: btw NightFrostaSS, is that your real post count? leet post :s_evil: