Way ahead way behind

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Have heard this mentioned quite a lot.

Could anyone give me a quick rundown of what it is? And how I should incoporate it into my game? And what kind of situations it applies to.

Many thanks
  • 7 replies
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      This is not something you can incorporate into your game.
      Its an expression for a situation in a hand when you dont have the nuts but have a good hand and villain is playing their hand as if they have the nuts, ie very aggressive or slow playing.
      Either they have the nuts in which case you are way behind or they are bluffing or floating with complete air and you are way ahead.
      You then have to make a decision which one it is, ie way ahead or way behind when you could be calling all your chips off.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Ah okay thanks!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Wa/Wb it doesn't necessarily have something to do with actions your opponent takes but with relative hand strenght in general let's say KK on A22 rainbow board is in wa/wb situation.
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      Its an expression for a situation in a hand when you dont have the nuts but have a good hand and villain is playing their hand as if they have the nuts, ie very aggressive or slow playing.
      Either they have the nuts in which case you are way behind or they are bluffing or floating with complete air and you are way ahead.
      You then have to make a decision which one it is, ie way ahead or way behind when you could be calling all your chips off.
      I don't agree. This is something you want to incorporate into your game, in this simple way: in these situations you will not bet for value. If you're way ahead, you won't get called by worse, if you're way behind, you will get called by better and have close to zero outs.

It doesn't mean you will never bet, you still have some reasons to bet:

- bluffing trying to represent a much better hand that you have
      - avoiding to be bluffed on later streets by worse hands
      - not being too predictible
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze

I don't agree. This is something you want to incorporate into your game, in this simple way: in these situations you will not bet for value. If you're way ahead, you won't get called by worse, if you're way behind, you will get called by better and have close to zero outs.

Ah okay, this is kind of what I thought it was as I had seen judges in the hand review section talking about it.

Thanks for the replies.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Example wa/wb, you hold AhKs and flop comes KhJsJc, in that case you're wa/wb because if villain has a hook you're screwed so you'll try and probe-bet the flop but pay attention to bluffers who will easily 3bet you simulating the J :D
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Originally posted by cindy1985
      Originally posted by rhinoneil

Yes quite right