omaha

• alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      hey fellow pokerstrategysts!

i was wondering about omaha.
      i see omaha HI and omaha H/L
      the question is what stands for that H/L and hi?
      and are there different strategys for each other of those?
      cuz i rly would like to learn omaha

thanks
  • 5 replies
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      no1 knows anything about omaha?
      or could any mod plz take this thread to somewhere where good payers go ?
      so they can anser :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi alberts1955,

Sorry, you could write everything I know about Omaha in the centre of the "O" :D

I think H/L stands for Hi/Low, i.e. a proportion of the pot gets paid out to the player who has the best hand and a proportion to the player holding the worse (or lower) hand.

I can however move this into the Omaha Discussion thread where someone far better placed than me can confirm for you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      thanks eaglestar :)
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      I'd read up on all the articles that are available to you. I did, they're very helpful. Omaha is a lot different from Texas Hold'em. I didn't really realize it until I read all the articles haha
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Omaha hi and omaha eight or better (or hi/low), are two different beasts. Hi/lo has a lot of different thinking patterns and things you need to take in consideration in each situation than pure omaha hi, due to its split nature. Therefore to answer your question: yes, there are different strategies, and you can't play either games like the other.

Best way to learn omaha is to take one variation and stick to it. Omaha H/L has far less variance and more bad players (and we are talking about really bad players), but omaha hi has more tables and more information available, though that means the competition can be tougher too.