This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ NL5 rush FR

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $7.18
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $7.53
      CO:
      $5.33
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $6.21
      BB (Hero):
      $5.58
      UTG1:
      $4.42
      UTG2:
      $3.85

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, CO raises to $1.15, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.32) 5, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.32, Hero raises to $4.43, CO calls $1.86.

Turn: ($10.93) 3 (2 players)

River: ($10.93) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.93.

Well, i wasnt really sure what do here. This flop isnt great but not the worst as i can ask for, c/c flop seems pretty bad because i cant really see myself c/f the turn to any blank, and i want to put the pressure on villain if he has AQ+ or otherwise to extract value from other overpairs.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Preflop: Your 3bet sizing is a bit small. I tend to just 5bet and expect to get called by worse hands.

Flop: CO is most likley going broke with Ax + overcards and overpairs at this point. Check/raising works. I don't mind donking like half pot and calling it off either, since CO might check back Ax stuff, correctly concluding that he has no fold equity vs better hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree on the 3-bet size it's too small, something closer to $0.5 looks better.

You can't really discuss postflop if you don't know why you called the 4-bet preflop.

If you just called because you think his 4-betting range is really tight, first off it's probably a mistake as opposed to folding (he might not even have AK in his range and even if he does, flipping with AK isn't worth the times you're toast against KK+), and second he likely isn't c-bet/calling with bare overcards unless he has some kind of flushdraws+overs hand. So truthfully you're still not in good shape, which is why just calling the 4-bet against those players is gross.

If you just called because you think his 4-betting range is polarized in that spot to premiums and random bluffs, then you can't fold postflop on such a board unless you know he doesn't like to c-bet those boards and check/shoving when he c-bets pot will be optimal.

Likely we don't need to discuss wide value 4-betting ranges at nl5, virtually no tag plays like that. In a nutshell against such guys you want to just 5-bet and get it in preflop.

Hope it helps.