[NL2-NL10] QQ NL5 rush FR

• enemaze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, CO raises to $1.15, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.32) 5, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.32, Hero raises to $4.43, CO calls $1.86.

Turn: ($10.93) 3 (2 players)

River: ($10.93) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.93.

Well, i wasnt really sure what do here. This flop isnt great but not the worst as i can ask for, c/c flop seems pretty bad because i cant really see myself c/f the turn to any blank, and i want to put the pressure on villain if he has AQ+ or otherwise to extract value from other overpairs.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      Preflop: Your 3bet sizing is a bit small. I tend to just 5bet and expect to get called by worse hands.

Flop: CO is most likley going broke with Ax + overcards and overpairs at this point. Check/raising works. I don't mind donking like half pot and calling it off either, since CO might check back Ax stuff, correctly concluding that he has no fold equity vs better hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree on the 3-bet size it's too small, something closer to $0.5 looks better.

You can't really discuss postflop if you don't know why you called the 4-bet preflop.

If you just called because you think his 4-betting range is really tight, first off it's probably a mistake as opposed to folding (he might not even have AK in his range and even if he does, flipping with AK isn't worth the times you're toast against KK+), and second he likely isn't c-bet/calling with bare overcards unless he has some kind of flushdraws+overs hand. So truthfully you're still not in good shape, which is why just calling the 4-bet against those players is gross.

If you just called because you think his 4-betting range is polarized in that spot to premiums and random bluffs, then you can't fold postflop on such a board unless you know he doesn't like to c-bet those boards and check/shoving when he c-bets pot will be optimal.

Likely we don't need to discuss wide value 4-betting ranges at nl5, virtually no tag plays like that. In a nutshell against such guys you want to just 5-bet and get it in preflop.

Hope it helps.