[NL2-NL10] NL 10 overpairs

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12,83
      Hero:
      $9,90

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 3 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,60, MP2 folds, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,30) J:heart: , T:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,10, SB raises to $2,20, Hero calls $1,10.

Turn: ($5,70) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7,10 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $12,80

I didn´t think it through. He was SB, so his calling range is quite big. Only hands that`m behind are probably JT and 22. It is more likely that he check-re-raised with JQ, J9, JK, T9, TK, TA, straight draws. So I should push flop. If he has JT, I still have probably 8 outs, against 22 I´m really behind, but that´s just bad luck and I always have 2 outs, which I hit on the turn^^
      Turn was too scary to slowplay, so I pushed all-in and hoped that he didn´t make straight.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $10,03
      Hero:
      $12,52

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, BU raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,60, 2 folds, BU calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,40) J:diamond: , Q:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, BU calls $0,80.

Turn: ($3,00) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2,26, Hero calls $2,26.

River: ($7,52) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6,37 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13,89

This is tricky. I´ve played at the the same player in hand 1 and he seemed LAG. Min-reraised pre-flop, easy re-raise. Flop was very bad and I think that he probably hit something that´s why I didn´t bet almost the pot, because I was expecting re-raise. He called. I think that I should bet/fold turn, only problem, I´m OOP and can´t take free SD if he calls. So I decided to check/call. Don´t know if calling the best thing here, but pot was not so big and I thought that he probably won´t bet again on the river. 8 was terrible card and I can´t call his push. Actually 9 was pretty nice card, because then I can beat QJ and no draws completed. So if the river had been blank I would have called his all-in move my two pair. Maybe he was bluffing with his busted straight/flush draw and top pair:)
  • 1 reply
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Hand 1) nice hand. You only call the flop minraise because you don't want to risk your whole stack when you are probably already up against two pair or set. You are in position so a call on the flop and reeavuating on the turn seems to be the right thing to do. On the turn it's an easy decision.

Hand 2) Bet pot on the flop to protect your hand against draws. On the turn I would play bet/fold because you beat QJ now and you don't want to give freecards for possible draws.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81