Best way for TABLE SELECTION CashGame Texas Holdem NL

• Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi all,

I was just wandering want is your experience with table selection? What are the tools you are using and what is your experience?

For example I use http://www.pokertableratings.com "table finder" tool for table selection. I play mostly NL100 on FT and have about 100,000 hands and +5,000$ profit within 5months up to now, plus rakeback and bonuses. (just to give you an insight to my situation)

I use PT3 which I bought and it was great investment. I would be willing to invest up to 100$ for something good for table selection if it is worth it? I sometimes have a feeling that "table finder" tool on pokertableratings.com is somehow slow and has a delay in giving correct rating to the tables. So you sit to the table which is marked as fishy, but it is already not :-)

thanks for your comments!
  • 21 replies
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      PTR table finder or avg. pot > 12bb + plr per flop > 28%

Easy game
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by PetterG2
      avg. pot > 12bb + plr per flop > 28%

Easy game
      - Right! But imagine the situation that table is set up with 4 regs and 5 fish, they play for 30 mins and create excellent statistics of fishy table. Then all fish lose their chips and regulars sit there (as they saw fishy stats and wanted to join). Now you see good stats of the table but it is no more good table (all fish already replaced by regs) = 9 regs sitting at the table where stats look extremely fishy based on last 30 mins action ---> this is what you want to avoid. So I think it does not work to choose tables manually. (whereas pokertableratings.com or other table finder SW rate the tables based on overall stats of players CURRENTLY sitting at the table = it can track tables which have historical stats you don´t like but SW discovers the table is currently fishy and will be good for playing next 30 mins) = huge benefit for grinder. The only problem I see is that pokertableratings.com table finder has some delay and even if you update the website continuously, I had the feeling that regs with bought SW see the fishy tables faster = more money.

What about that PT3 table finder? How does it work? Good experience?

:s_cool:
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I'm still playing microlimits, so for me I just order flop% and pick the tops.

However, since I'm a HEM user I've decided to try in these days their table selection tool, to decide if in the future might be worth the investment, I'm honestly finding it quite cool with lots of options to personalize selection based on known fish, regulars and the such.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by degre
      I'm still playing microlimits, so for me I just order flop% and pick the tops.

However, since I'm a HEM user I've decided to try in these days their table selection tool, to decide if in the future might be worth the investment, I'm honestly finding it quite cool with lots of options to personalize selection based on known fish, regulars and the such.
      mhmm, I am on PT3 currently.. I think PT3 (Pocker Tracker 3) and HEM (Holdem manager) are substitutes - it does not make sense to have both of them, does it?

Actually I was looking at the PT3 Table Tracker http://www.pokertracker.com/products/TT/ but it says that it will track the tables based on your database stats. I don´t have that many hands in my database so it looks like it would make sense to buy this PT3 Table Tracker only in combination with buying hands e.g. from http://www.pokertableratings.com/hand-histories Here I can buy 5million hands for NL100 FullTilt FullRing holdem for 199$.

---> Is it worth the investment? Have somebody tried it? :) I also noticed some discussions whether it is illegal or not

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Indeed, it's one or the other, doesn't make sense having both, but I just wanted to report my (little) experience with HEM.

Hands don't necessarily need to be bought, depends on your actual DB and how much you play as well, but if you can get some would indeed be a bonus.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      So PT3 Table Tracker costs 120$ per year for limits up to NL100.

Plus 5million hands of FR NL100 on FT can be bought for 199$.

---> Looks like worth trying to have an edge for 320 bucks? :)

• DemonDavies
      DemonDavies
      Bronze
      I manually search like you have been doing, but the leading Table finding software seems to be, spadeEYE, Sixth Sense and Table Shark.

I will mail you a page link on some of the info i found if you wish?
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cornie4ever
      I also noticed some discussions whether it is illegal or not
      :
      Buying hands from someone lese and using them in your software is definatly not legal on FTP:

Full Tilt Poker prohibits the use of external player assistance programs (EPA Programs) which are designed to provide users with an unfair advantage over their opponents. Full Tilt Poker defines external to mean computer software (other than the Full Tilt Poker game client), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g., web sites and subscription services). Full Tilt Poker defines an unfair advantage as a user accessing or compiling information on other players beyond that which the user has personally observed through his or her own game play.

I'm not really sure though if they can prove it and if tehy really make a huge effort of finding people who use bought hands in their database...
      But if they should catch you all your sweet money will be frozen...
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Don't see a way FT could ever know you've bought those HH's, unless the site which sold those to you would tell them. But anyways as said, it's illegal.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I recommend that you take a look at Table Scan Turbo. It is free software which uses your database from PT3/HEM/Elephant to find the fish at the tables. It is completely in the rules of all the big poker rooms (Stars/FTP/Party)

King Regards,
      Toby
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      I invest 2 maybe 3x(BB+SB)
      It is maybe lot of money now but in the long run...
      :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Hello everyone,

I recommend that you take a look at Table Scan Turbo. It is free software which uses your database from PT3/HEM/Elephant to find the fish at the tables. It is completely in the rules of all the big poker rooms (Stars/FTP/Party)

King Regards,
      Toby
      First actual post that i think has helped many ppl....

Good job toby :tongue:
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      That site btw contains viruses, so have a Anti-virus system before you download it....
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I've used tablescan turbo with no problems and would definately recommend it.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Swire
      That site btw contains viruses, so have a Anti-virus system before you download it....
      I am quite sure that is a false-positive although I will have a look into it for you
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      other than joining waiting lists,

start your own tables and learn some HU play. You can own weak regs and get fish joining the tables. this is probably the best way to get fish and I always start a few tables during the weekends.

if u dont want to start your own tables then another alternative is to keep checking the lobby for newly started games every 10-15min
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

King Regards,
      Toby
      Unfortunately has limited rooms, I've seen that already, but there's no Everest :(
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by DemonDavies
      I manually search like you have been doing, but the leading Table finding software seems to be, spadeEYE, Sixth Sense and Table Shark.

I will mail you a page link on some of the info i found if you wish?
      Can you please say it here? :) I don´t want to post email here :-) Thanx
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello everyone,

King Regards,
      Toby
      So it works exactly same as PT3 Table Finder but is for free? :s_cool: :s_biggrin:

My problem is that I have only small amount of hands in my database. How many hands do you think should I have in my PT3 database so that it starts to make sense to use the Table Scan Turbo or PT3 Table Finder?

I have only cca 50k hands in my database. btw - I have the second database in my PT3 as well - it is with 150k hands, but I do not know how to copy these 150k hands to my main database. Is it easy in PT3?

Thanks a lot!