[NL2-NL10] NL5 RUSH SH Three Eight good fold?

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.52
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.66
      CO:
      $12.79
      BU:
      $7.74
      SB:
      $2.10
      BB:
      $7.14

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 2, A, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.42) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($0.92) T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.80, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.92.

Ok his play indicated a range of suited connectors, small pocket pairs or Ax,Kx,Qx.Once I got my third eight,unfortunately the diamond one, he started action which means he had another diamond probably, but I called in the hope of getting on the river a deuce, an ace or a king for a full house.
      Good fold??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure, it's fine without reads. You'd need to know that villain is capable of firing twice as a bluff when you check back the flop, because he's never valuebetting worse than 88 there, either he's bluffing or he has a decent flush.

That said on the flop I might just go ahead and c-bet with my 88 to represent a much stronger hand, especially against people who are likely to start stabbing at the turn and river when we check back the flop. Our hand has terrible equity which means we can't really bluff-catch on later streets, so taking it down right on the flop against all those unpaired hands that don't have a diamond is worth the shot if the alternative is letting them stab at virtually any turn.

Hope it helps.