BSS or SSS which is better ?

• Shakalis
      Shakalis
      Bronze
      Hello !

What do you think what strategy is easier and better for money grinding ?
      For some time i am played with SSS for now, and i wanted to know what are BSS +/- ? Because I've heard that the BSS could earn more compared to the SSS.... what do you think about that ?
      And I wanted to know how to manage your BR management with BSS ?

And can you give some advice or tip if i want to start learn and play with BSS from SSS ?
  • 7 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Shakalis,

I can't answer all your questions unfortunately but the following article discusses making the move from SSS to BSS and all the pros and cons of each.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/614/1

As for bankroll considerations for the BSS you can find the available information in the following article

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1534/1

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      bss is the long term way of poker.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      bss is the long term way of poker.
      This. I recently switched from SSS to BSS, and I enjoy the bigstack-play much more than the limited options in SSS.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      bss. sss is bs
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      SSS is good to begin with as it's gives you some simple mechanical basis, in the end all you do in SSS is reaise/shove/fold depending on very limited factors.

Good as well if you want to grind to clear your bonus, you can just open tons of table and, due to simplicity of it, you can really open tons of them.

Then it depends, if you want to be a simple grinding machine just carry on with SSS, wont give you much winning and satisfaction with the game, but the rake can great.

But if you want to learn the game and have some real fun you better learn the BSS and do the switch. Less rake, more gain from the table, but mostly infinite satisfaction more from your play.

I switched as honestly SSS to me wasn't pleasant, was mere grinding, I wanted to play poker, not to do what any bot could do.
    • Shakalis
      Shakalis
      Bronze
      Hey ,

Finaly i try play with BSS ... Yesterday i read all bronze articles whatched videos etc. I play now on NL2 ... but i had a qwestion about BR menegament - Almost everywhere is written i need to buy in with full stack like max buy in ... but in articles there are writted i need to do 100BB buy in it is 2$ But on those limits max buy in are 5$ what should i do??I need to do buy in with 2$ or 5$ (what is full stack) ??? Thank you.
      And yeah i think BSS is better then SSS there are more options and you can easaly bluff some one... some times... :) I realy enjoyed play BSS .
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      At first just buy-in for $2. Once you feel comfortable with post-flop decisions then buy-in for the full amount to have that extra edge over your opponents.