[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA(mp2), fr

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) K, K, 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.55) 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

River: ($6.55) 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $16.55.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(As Ac).
      UTG2 shows a full-house, nines full of kings(9h 9s).

UTG2 wins with a full-house, nines full of kings(9h 9s).

villain is 17/11/1.8/27(wts)

My thoughts on flop were that if I bet he isn`t gonna pay me off with anything I have beat. So plan was to bet or reraise his bet on turn, which got lost among greedy thoughts to earn few bucks more. So would the initial line be ok?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd just c-bet the flop, I doubt a 17/11 is calling your 3-bet without some kind of pocket pair or AK and people still call the c-bet with a pair on paired boards, as it's so unlikely to have hit you. Then I'd check back the turn since everything but Kx would likely fold at that point and bet the river if checked to.

As played turn is fine since you checked back the flop even tho it's odd he made it so big.

As played on the river it's a pretty tough spot, 17/11/2.8 usually aren't into the habit of bombing all streets with air when you check back the flop in a 3-bet pot and there is no way he's valuebetting two streets with worse than AA either really. I think I'd fold, I just don't think he's doing that with worse ever and stuff like AK should be in his range he doesn't have to 4-bet them preflop in those positions.

Hope it helps.