Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.33
      Hero:
      $5.58

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , T:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 3 folds, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) 9:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, queen high (Qd Td)

Hero wins with a flush, queen high (Qd Td)

Wasn't really sure what to do with this hand. I thought my hand was good but was wary that he may have a high diamond.

I decided to raise him as I thought any high diamond FD is going to call anyway. A set will probably want to get it all in as well. Over cards may be tempted to re raise me if the guy decides to get tricky and maybe doesn't believe I would raise the flop with a flush.

I also thought that if any more diamonds hit on the turn I am even less likely to get paid off if he isn't holding one.

Anything I should have done differently?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      imo it's fine, you don't want really see one more diamond here and he could call you raise with Adx, Kdx anyway.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Yeah, I definitely like raising here =)

We can get value from a lot of stuff and another :diamond: would defintely mess thins up.

Also, when he has air or a really weak hand, I doubt he's gonna invest any more money on later streets anyway, meaning we gain nothin by calling.

Cheers!