$8.12
      MP2:
      $3.18
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.00
      CO:
      $3.96

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) 3, K, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.45) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU calls $0.80.

River: ($3.05) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $3.05.

Is 2nd barreling this board ok?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Most likely I wouldn't even c-bet unless they're loose enough to show up with a ton of 65 type hands that they can just fold on that board. KQx 2t with hit a lot of hands that people call with, anything broadway connected got some piece of it and you need to add spade draws to that. Also take into account the facts that we're stuck in-between the two of them and that when called we have very likely equity with our 2-outer and our backdoor straight draw / 9-high backdoor flushdraw.

As for the 2nd barrel basically the same reasoning apply. Even tho it's now heads-up, I don't really expect BU to fold anything he called the flop with to such a small bet at that point and we're purely 2-outing when behind. It's usually a triple barrel or nothing spot once you get to the turn, firing 2 and give up is just burning money. At nl5 I'd just check/fold the turn, people aren't that interesting in folding anything.

Hope it helps.