Full tilt, cheating + refund.

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I just got this email from FT:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX

The Full Tilt Poker Security department has recently concluded an extensive investigation and we have determined that some of your opponents were in violation of our site terms.

We have permanently closed all of the offending accounts. In cases of proven cheating, 100% of the confiscated funds are returned to the players who were victimized. The reimbursement calculation is based on the number of tournaments or hands played against the offending players, and the amount won or lost against them.

We have determined that you are entitled to a refund of $4.57 which will be placed in your account in the next 72 hours.

For a number of reasons, we are unable to provide any other additional information regarding this case, including the players involved and the game type where it occurred. We thank you for your understanding in this regard. The vigilance of our players in reporting suspicious behavior is an important addition to our ongoing diligence against unethical conduct, and we carefully investigate every concern of suspicious activity.

If you believe you have witnessed unfair play at our tables, please don't hesitate to contact us at security@fulltiltpoker.com. If there is any other way we can be of assistance, please let us know.

Full Tilt Poker Security

Not complaining but $4.57 seems like a small amount for NL25...I want more!!! :D lmao.
  • 16 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Is your nick AcesJohn?
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I've had the same email previously also, I wonder how much cheating is going on at FT or just at online poker sites in general?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I got the princely sum of $3 back! I'd love to know what went on.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Personally I wouldn't care about the amount. I'd just be happy (and I am happy) that FullTilt deals with cheaters and refunds the money that you unfairly lost.

However, if you are wondering why the amount may be small. It's possible you just lost a few BB's in some hands to a few colluding players.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold

Dear ihufa

The Full Tilt Poker Security department has recently concluded an extensive investigation and we have determined that some of your opponents were in violation of our site terms.

We have permanently closed all of the offending accounts. In cases of proven cheating, 100% of the confiscated funds are returned to the players who were victimized. The reimbursement calculation is based on the number of tournaments or hands played against the offending players, and the amount won or lost against them.

We have determined that you are entitled to a refund of $12,452.82 which will be placed in your account in the next 72 hours.

For a number of reasons, we are unable to provide any other additional information regarding this case, including the players involved and the game type where it occurred. We thank you for your understanding in this regard. The vigilance of our players in reporting suspicious behavior is an important addition to our ongoing diligence against unethical conduct, and we carefully investigate every concern of suspicious activity.

If you believe you have witnessed unfair play at our tables, please don't hesitate to contact us at security@fulltiltpoker.com. If there is any other way we can be of assistance, please let us know.

Full Tilt Poker Security
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Just got refounded with 250.124512450 k for beeing hacke ! Are u making fun ihufa or what did u play?...sicko
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Managed to turn my free $3 into a step 3 ticket. That buys me a shot at a $24 tournament! Thanks v much to those crims! ;)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      12,500 1$ HU sngs against potripper :/
      Bronze
      There is no money in the $6.50 SNGs. Everybody is honest.
      Bronze
      Ok I guess I was wrong.... There is money in the $6.50s people do cheat!!!

I just got this mail.

We have determined that you are entitled to a refund of $4.57 which will be placed in your account in the next 72 hours.

If you believe you have witnessed unfair play at our tables, please don't hesitate to contact us at security@fulltiltpoker.com" If there is any other way we can be of assistance, please let us know.

Full Tilt Poker Security

They must have withdrawn most of their funds before they got caught or alot of people were refunded.

That is a very small amount considering I 12 table in succession I should have played quite a few
      hands with them. Haha maybe this is from when I dropped a bunch of BIs the other day.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      i also received a refund yesterday totalling about $7.50
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa

Dear ihufa

We have determined that you are entitled to a refund of $12,452.82 which will be placed in your account in the next 72 hours.

Full Tilt Poker Security
      Holy crap! LOLOLOL... what I could do with 12k!!!
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      i received the same mail today for a sum of 10$ . the " sorry we cannot give any more information " is really frustrating and i believe we have the right to know who did cheat on us so we can see our hand history and check that the distribution of the refund was fair ..also we should get extra compensation cause its their fault if their security isnt good and we pay for this security (via rake) along with their other services...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schris7
      i received the same mail today for a sum of 10$ . the " sorry we cannot give any more information " is really frustrating and i believe we have the right to know who did cheat on us so we can see our hand history and check that the distribution of the refund was fair ..also we should get extra compensation cause its their fault if their security isnt good and we pay for this security (via rake) along with their other services...
      In my personal opinion, the fact that several members have received emails and refunds IS proof of excellent security measures at Full Tilt. You obviously didn't notice anything wrong at the time yourself, but thanks to Full Tilt's measures, you got money returned and they will have taken additional action/measures to prevent those concerned being able to do it again.

Taking the Cereus scandal as a contrast, it wasn't until their own players began to notice inconsistencies that an investigation was started, at least Full Tilt are more on the ball themselves.

I also think it's right that they keep the details private, because by going public with too much info would let on to exactly how they identify such activities and could potentially open up more trying to do the same.

I've always found Full Tilt to be totally on the ball with this sort of thing and absolutely fair in it's refunds etc. Be thankful for such a superb on the ball platform is what I say.

Just my own personal opinion.. my 2 cents worth (no refund necessary :D )

Best regards,

Bart
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of two players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. Fortunately the problem was identified quickly and they had only played in a few tournaments before the accounts were closed.

In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown "ADMIN CREDIT", followed by the amount of the credit.

I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.

Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.

Best Regards,

Kiet
      PokerStars Game Security

i got 10$ :D but i was playing the 20$ DoN's :) )) . I think the colluders didn't do such a good job
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      i dont think by refering the nick of the guy that cheated on us will reveal their methods and of course i dont have to thank them . its their job to keep our tables and money safe , they are not doing us any favours they get paid for that .