$47.75
      BU:
      $48.45
      SB (Hero):
      $50.00
      BB:
      $43.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2, 2.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.50, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.5) 6, 8, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($4.5) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $6.50, MP1 folds, Hero calls $3.50.

River: ($17.5) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BB raises to $15.50, Hero calls $10.50.

Final Pot: $48.5.

Hello,

I believe maybe folding preflop would be better since preflop aggressor is quite loose, playing 22/15, but I was hoping for BB fish to overcall. BB is 24/10 and is quite aggressive with 4.5 AF.

So, my question is about postflop, what line should I take. I was going for c/r on the flop, but unfortunately they all cb. So, I donk turn and I get raised by this aggressive fish, now I believe 3-betting would be better than calling here and as played, I think I should c/r or c/c river to get value from his bluffs, but I am not really sure what to do, perhaps, because I am too result oriented with this hand, so I need some other perspective...

Thanks,
      burek2000
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Burek! Nice to see you here =D

At first I thought of bet/3betting turn as well, but I just reviewed this with my brother and realised that there are many hands that crush us in villain's range.

we're only ahead of 2pair/bluffs here, and there are many more combos of straights and sets, especially if we consider he doesn't call offsuited connectors. besides it's more likely he'd be calling his pair+draws, rather than raising.

so as a conclusion it seems that bet/C T and ch/C R will allow us to extract max value from bluffs without isolating ourselves against better hands.

Also, leading the flop might be a better idea, since we can't expect PFA to be cbetting this flop often.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal

At first I thought of bet/3betting turn as well, but I just reviewed this with my brother and realised that there are many hands that crush us in villain's range.

we're only ahead of 2pair/bluffs here, and there are many more combos of straights and sets, especially if we consider he doesn't call offsuited connectors. besides it's more likely he'd be calling his pair+draws, rather than raising.

so as a conclusion it seems that bet/C T and ch/C R will allow us to extract max value from bluffs without isolating ourselves against better hands.

Also, leading the flop might be a better idea, since we can't expect PFA to be cbetting this flop often.
      Pretty much this.

43, 97 and 55, 66, 88 make up many more combos than 65, 86. So, if he has a value hand, he's gonna be ahead a lot more often than behind. So I much prefer b/c and just c/c the river. b/c river is no good because when he raises us he's got us crushed a lot. (UNLESS he's REALLY bluffy and you think he's actually gonna spazz shove air vs a small bet)

Cheers!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hey there!

I think every shorty has to grow up eventually and become big. :)

Thank you both for the replies, the hands seem much clearer now!