[NL20-NL50] NL50, AKo OOP

• burek2000
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      UTG2 raises to $2.00, 6 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 8, K, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($8.25) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($18.25) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $13.00, Hero calls $13.00.

Final Pot: $44.25.

I am confused about this one. Villain is 22/13, 100 flop c-bet and 4.5 AF.

I wonder what would be the best line to take, 3-b pre or call to keep his range wide?

On the flop, I think I have to let him make his c-bet, but I am not sure whether to c/c or c/r, I am afraid if I go for c/r he will hardly call any worse hand on this dry board, so I decided to just call him down. What do you guys think? Fine as played?

• 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      against unknown, i'd probably fold at river, UTG range is strong, 2 pair and trips within range. i would most definitely 3bet for value and FE.

with stats, i would look at his UTG range, fold to 3bet, aggression on streets, etc for better decision making
    • caltabiano

Calling pre-flop is definitely good (assuming he's not really loose), because his range for continuing after our 3b is going to be pretty strong. I'd rather call and maintain AJ-AQ in his range. Besides, we're gonna be in a pretty cool spot: big disquised hand, he's cbetting any A or K high board and he'll often vtown himself on these boards :D So I like it.

Flop: Funny that he cbets so small. We could potentially c/r here, but there's really not so much value in doing so, because really, what can he call that's worse than AK? KQs, QJs, and that should be about it I guess. Maybe QQ and JJ.
      I'd rather go for the c/c.

Turn: I think this might actually be an interesting card to db. He could have QJ, KQ, AJ, T9s (if he opens it pre), 99, QQ. All of these could check back the turn BUT will likely call a bet. If he raises us, we obviously fold. So in this way:

- We lose the same amount against hands that beat us
      - We make some money against hands we beat that would check back

River: I think once he barrels the river, he's got us for sure. His value range obviously destroys us. KQ is most likely checking back and all the rest kills us: AQ, KJ, JT, KK, TT, JJ, AA.... There are waaaay too many combos taht beat us.

So we can safely fold.