Why Can't I Win

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Okay i've been playing poker just over a year now, but not solidly online.
      I've been playing for about 5 months online off and on. I have started to grind NL10 again (4 tabling) but just seem to break even everytime, even with bonuses to unlock, which means i'm actually a losing player if it wasn't for the bonus. I'm currently playing at william hill.

I play 6 max, i play loosely and i have made some videos of myself playing and talking about what i'm thinking. Is there any coaching sesh's i could attend or perhaps somone to review my video? I'm really interested in poker and wan't to get good at it. I also post hands on the fomus and try to help others out.

Thanks guys.
  • 7 replies
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      play tight!!! or u can go to the videos section and search for 10nl videos, there are plenty of them. gl
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      playing tight is not that profitable playing 6 handed.
      I raise extremely loose on the button, and not so loose OOP.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Nothing bad w that if you know what to do on later streets. Post up a vid, someone will review it eventually and if not maybe i'll do it myself, my 6max game stinks tho. :P
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      playing tight is not that profitable playing 6 handed. I raise extremely loose on the button, and not so loose OOP.

i see, i thought you're asking why u're not making money, but if u wanna be like cts raisin 36s utg ... on nl10... you might actually be doing fine
    • cauelaratta
      cauelaratta
      Bronze
      I´ve been going trough the same problem. I´m still breaking even after a long time playing. My graph is like a rollercoaster, it looks totally random. So I guess I´m winnning when I hit good hands and losing when I don´t.. therefore my game still depends A LOT on this nasty thing called luck.

I´m definately not a losing player, but I still have a lot to learn. What I´m trying to figure out now is how I can maximize my winnings and minimize my losses, which means finding leaks, studying bet sizes etc.

Let´s keep in touch. Post hands, send vids, let´s work on them together.

My skype is cauelaratta.

See ya
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Without experience and a decent postlop game I would suggest full ring for a while. Read the Bronze articles and watch the videos. Attend the coaching sessions for Bronze full ring. If you think you have a fair understanding of post flop play and a bit of hand reading, use the Silver section articles and videos. Play lower if you can while you learn, it's cheaper. :)
      Best of all IMO, attend the live coachings for the level you feel you're at, they are a goldmine for learning and you can post hands for the coach to analyze and ask questions live to.
      This site just rocks.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cauelaratta
      I´ve been going trough the same problem. I´m still breaking even after a long time playing. My graph is like a rollercoaster, it looks totally random. So I guess I´m winnning when I hit good hands and losing when I don´t.. therefore my game still depends A LOT on this nasty thing called luck.

I´m definately not a losing player, but I still have a lot to learn. What I´m trying to figure out now is how I can maximize my winnings and minimize my losses, which means finding leaks, studying bet sizes etc.

Let´s keep in touch. Post hands, send vids, let´s work on them together.

My skype is cauelaratta.

See ya
      Sure :)

And i do feal i have a good postflop game, despite my results. I'm definately a 6 max player, i hate full ring. I do read articles and videos, and i'm soon going to upload a video of me playing NL10.
      Thanks for the responces guys ^