This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Why Can't I Win

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Okay i've been playing poker just over a year now, but not solidly online.
      I've been playing for about 5 months online off and on. I have started to grind NL10 again (4 tabling) but just seem to break even everytime, even with bonuses to unlock, which means i'm actually a losing player if it wasn't for the bonus. I'm currently playing at william hill.

I play 6 max, i play loosely and i have made some videos of myself playing and talking about what i'm thinking. Is there any coaching sesh's i could attend or perhaps somone to review my video? I'm really interested in poker and wan't to get good at it. I also post hands on the fomus and try to help others out.

Thanks guys.
  • 7 replies
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      play tight!!! or u can go to the videos section and search for 10nl videos, there are plenty of them. gl
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      playing tight is not that profitable playing 6 handed.
      I raise extremely loose on the button, and not so loose OOP.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Nothing bad w that if you know what to do on later streets. Post up a vid, someone will review it eventually and if not maybe i'll do it myself, my 6max game stinks tho. :P
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      playing tight is not that profitable playing 6 handed. I raise extremely loose on the button, and not so loose OOP.

i see, i thought you're asking why u're not making money, but if u wanna be like cts raisin 36s utg ... on nl10... you might actually be doing fine
    • cauelaratta
      cauelaratta
      Bronze
      I´ve been going trough the same problem. I´m still breaking even after a long time playing. My graph is like a rollercoaster, it looks totally random. So I guess I´m winnning when I hit good hands and losing when I don´t.. therefore my game still depends A LOT on this nasty thing called luck.

I´m definately not a losing player, but I still have a lot to learn. What I´m trying to figure out now is how I can maximize my winnings and minimize my losses, which means finding leaks, studying bet sizes etc.

Let´s keep in touch. Post hands, send vids, let´s work on them together.

My skype is cauelaratta.

See ya
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Without experience and a decent postlop game I would suggest full ring for a while. Read the Bronze articles and watch the videos. Attend the coaching sessions for Bronze full ring. If you think you have a fair understanding of post flop play and a bit of hand reading, use the Silver section articles and videos. Play lower if you can while you learn, it's cheaper. :)
      Best of all IMO, attend the live coachings for the level you feel you're at, they are a goldmine for learning and you can post hands for the coach to analyze and ask questions live to.
      This site just rocks.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Originally posted by cauelaratta
      I´ve been going trough the same problem. I´m still breaking even after a long time playing. My graph is like a rollercoaster, it looks totally random. So I guess I´m winnning when I hit good hands and losing when I don´t.. therefore my game still depends A LOT on this nasty thing called luck.

I´m definately not a losing player, but I still have a lot to learn. What I´m trying to figure out now is how I can maximize my winnings and minimize my losses, which means finding leaks, studying bet sizes etc.

Let´s keep in touch. Post hands, send vids, let´s work on them together.

My skype is cauelaratta.

See ya
      Sure :)

And i do feal i have a good postflop game, despite my results. I'm definately a 6 max player, i hate full ring. I do read articles and videos, and i'm soon going to upload a video of me playing NL10.
      Thanks for the responces guys ^