This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JTs combo draw

• Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.90)
      CO ($1.43)
      BTN ($4.70)
      SB ($7.88)
      Hero ($22.55)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB J:diamond: 10:diamond:
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: 9:diamond: 10:spade: 7:diamond: ($0.40, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $0.52, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.48

Turn: 6:heart: ($4.40, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB raises to $4.70, Hero goes all-in $20.35, SB goes all-in $0.98

River: 3:spade: ($15.76, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Opp stats: 66/30/1.4 (vpip, pfr, af)

Pre: Not much respect to this minraise, was thinking of 3betting, but as he would call it anyway, decided to call.

Flop: Definitely trying to get it in with FD+gutshot.

Turn: MINRAISE WAS MISCLICK! Sorry for bold, but just please no comments "you should make it bigger on turn". So, anyways, somehow I didn't even really care about that 6 coming as I didn't think much about his range, but it seems I should have done that... If I would bet normally, I would make it ~3$ and then after his raise it's no doubt call.

But, now, when looking back, I'm thinking that I could check it back on turn as there are not much hands he could call 3bet flop and continue action on turn. I think he would 4bet me with 99/TT/77 sets or completed straight on flop, but can't really predict such a player.

So what's the best play there? I think there's not much doubt about flop, right? But should I check back turn, as my equity falls down a lot and there's no way he could fold AA/QQ/TT/JJ, sets, 8x hands or any other stuff I'm behind.

Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

I like the way you played it (not counting the misclick ofc :D )

On the turn, checking back sounds good to me. I don't think we have much fe and we ovciously don't want to get it in here, becasue our equity isn't that great from T to R. Since I won't give him credit for folding any 2P+, just check back and hope to spike your straight or flush, in which case you just shove no matter what his action is.

Cheers!