Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.34)
      CO ($13.21)
      BTN ($5.12)
      Hero ($11.06)
      BB ($9.90)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB A:heart: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.95

Flop: 9:heart: 2:club: K:diamond: ($2.70, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

Turn: 9:club: ($6.70, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO calls $4

River: 4:diamond: ($14.70, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO goes all-in $5.91, Hero folds

Opp: 19/11/10/2.1/65/ (vpip, pfr, fold to 3bet, af, fcbet) over 1.3k hands
      [11% raise from CO]

As you see he's +/- reg.

So pre: I think I should be ahead with AQ against his CO opening range, so 3bet gogo.

Flop: Cbet, as it's K high flop and his fold to cbet is 65%.

Turn: 9 doesn't change much, but I just fire 2nd barrel and he almost snap calls me. So That's where I give up.

Should I 2nd barrel it or just give it up on the turn?

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($9.55)
      CO ($15.04)
      Hero ($16.83)
      SB ($16.53)
      BB ($4.59)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BTN 10:spade: J:spade:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25

Flop: A:diamond: 6:diamond: 8:spade: ($0.85, 2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

Turn: 4:club: ($2.05, 2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

River: A:spade: ($4.45, 2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Opp: 52/4/1.4 over 207 hands.

Pre: standart.

Flop: cbet on A high - standart.

Turn: Again, worth 2nd barreling here? 4 doesn't change much, but I just somehow thought he don't have that A or he's just drawing.

River: Pot is kinda biggish, so I just give up... Should I fire here like 1/2 pot or something?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

(Hand 1)

You probably shouldn't 3bet here - CO seems kind of tight. Flop cbet is fine. Sizing is way too big though. You only need to bet like half pot to accomplish the same thing, + also discourage shoves.

Turn is a bit of a stretch. Since you have no equity when called/raised, you need to the bet to work quite often. Unless he is calling flop with TT-QQ and AQ, then folding turn, it isn't going to be profitable.

(Hand 2)

Turn is a bad spot to bet. Like you said, 4 doesn't change anything. Very few hands that called the flop will fold to a second bet, and you your hand has no potential to improve if called.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

(Hand 1)

You probably shouldn't 3bet here - CO seems kind of tight. Flop cbet is fine. Sizing is way too big though. You only need to bet like half pot to accomplish the same thing, + also discourage shoves.

Turn is a bit of a stretch. Since you have no equity when called/raised, you need to the bet to work quite often. Unless he is calling flop with TT-QQ and AQ, then folding turn, it isn't going to be profitable.

(Hand 2)

Turn is a bad spot to bet. Like you said, 4 doesn't change anything. Very few hands that called the flop will fold to a second bet, and you your hand has no potential to improve if called.
      Agreed overall. One caveat: in the first hand I don't think 3-betting is bad, even tho he's tight it looks like villain likes to call 3-bets with whatever he open raised to begin with, and if he really wants to stick around with dominated broadways that we can stack or pocket pairs that he'll have to fold on most boards, I say we go for it and collect.

If you want to fire the turn in the 2nd hand you just need to go ahead and bet the river as well to get rid of all that draws or pair+draw hands that called twice with equity and beat your TJ-high on the river. That said A-high boards aren't good candidate for that play at microstakes, people just tend to play a lot of Ax hands and never fold them. Giving up on the turn is likely better at nl10 where nobody likes to fold still, and firing the turn to give up on the river is the worst option of all, you're just burning money.

Hope it helps.