downswing

• qotsa7887
      qotsa7887
      Bronze
      Hi there guys!

im a 20 year old, just got out of high school and now im going to start to study engeneering in munich..

i used to play some live poker, but mostly shorthanded and most importantly, quite bad.. then, about 2 month ago, a friend told em about pokerstrategy.com, which i checked out at once. (first of all, a great compliment to the site, its done great and also run great)

at first, i started reading the basic/bronze articles and started off with no limit cash games on very low stakes (0.05/0.10 at first) but then later switched to limit holdem. my bankroll improved steadily up to about 200$ while i kept reading all limit articles up to silver as well as some other texts.
      but at some point i kept losing and losing more. and now im back down at 50$ (although i cleared the +100$) .

its hard to beleve that this is some kind of extreme bad beat, it must be me playing worse. (i try to observe myself well not to tilt, stick to bankroll management rules, take breaks after downswings, have a learning/playing ratio of at least2:1) but nothing will improve my downswing as for now

does anyone maybe hav any idea what i could do in such a situation?
      thanks in advance!
  • 2 replies
    • henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      maybe post some hands in the forum. there you get excellent feedback.
      or visit some coaching
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi qotsa7887!

Since this is your first post I guess you never posted a hand in our sample hand boards, right? ;) I think this is very essential if you want to find mistakes you are making while you play. If you post some of your hands you are getting advice by other players and our professional hand judges. This way you are improving your game a lot because you are not only reading articles but actively working on YOUR game.

Besides that I recommend that you visit our live coachings.

I hope you are back on track very soon!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81