Check Raises

• Pete70
      Pete70
      Bronze
      In Poker Tracker you can see the Check Raises wenn you click on the "More Detail..." Button in the General Info sheet.

The last line says the % of check raises you have. What is a good number here, and how should it be balanced between Flop, Turn and River.

I have about 1.6% c/r and i do they 71% an the flop, 22% on the turn and 6% on the river.

I think i dont c/r enough, so i like to know what are the stats from realy good players.
  • 4 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Actually, at lower limits your check-raise% shouldn't be more than 1%, because value betting renders more profit. I read this from a 2+2 post, and it resembles mostly my style.

11. Check-raising. Some people never check-raise; others check-raise infrequently. I personally like to check-raise at least once in awhile; 1% would be fine, 0.5% would be acceptable. The goal of the check-raise is to remind your opponents that just because you checked does NOT mean that you don’t have a hand. However, circumstances need to be very specific for a check-raise to be appropriate. Typically, I check-raise on the flop when OOP against a preflop raiser, or on the turn when OOP against a flop bettor/raiser who was clearly not on a draw (uncoordinated flop). If you are check raising much more than 2% of the time, you’re being entirely too tricky for a SSNL table, and straightforward play would probably be more profitable for you.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669&an=0&page=0#Post4946669

I don't know about Fixed limit, but I think it's basically the same?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I do not at all look at the c/r statistics. Playing for a specific % is not the way you should play. Find the corect spots to do so and the stats will be correct. If your percentages are wrong then maybe you are not able to find them.

But to be honest.. 0,5% or 1% is so low that you need very many hands to get an exact result.

Anyway... here my stats:

Preflop: 0.0
      Flop: 2.4
      Turn: 1.2
      River: 0.2 (Too low I guess. :/)
    • Pete70
      Pete70
      Bronze
      Where do you see this in PT?

I only see the checkraises in total, and how it is spread on the different streets, in the last row on the sheet when you click "More Detail" in the General Info Sheet.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      No idea I use Pokeroffice. ;)