I hit the 3000-man Poker Stars freeroll into the Baltic Festival qualifier

• danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      Three got the prize, a 215 Euro sattelite. 9 of probably 100 get into the final and win 350.

I am out of my league having played $20 tournaments at the very most. Can any take a look at the tourney, Baltic Festival 215 qualifier on Saturday (use the regional tab), and give me some strategy pointers?
  • 8 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I'd unregister if you don't have much MT experience or if you aren't rolled for it. Sure it's fun to try it, but MTT have high variance. So if $215 is alot for you i'd unregister..

Else if you have played alot of $20 tournaments i don't think i can give any advice that you shouldn't already know..
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      Is it possible to cash out?
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      The 20 tournaments I've played in I've won freerolls to get into. I usually play 5 dollar s/g's. I'm used to playing against the donkey's donkeys. Edit: in the early stages, anyway. The late stages of many freerolls have some pretty good competition.

I only sucked out 3 times in the entire tournament (a record for me in any tournament I've won, anyway :) ).
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I highly suggest unregistering then.. The competitioin you will face in a $200 tournament will be alot tougher then donkeys in a freeroll.. I mean that's going from micro to high buy in tournaments.. You'll probably get crushed there..

Go to the tournament and see if you can unregister and get the money. If not.. then goodluck :D
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      I highly suggest unregistering then.. The competitioin you will face in a $200 tournament will be alot tougher then donkeys in a freeroll.. I mean that's going from micro to high buy in tournaments.. You'll probably get crushed there..

Go to the tournament and see if you can unregister and get the money. If not.. then goodluck :D
      I've got a ticket that according to the email back from 'Stars is non-transferable, so it looks like I've got to play, though it can be in any Saturday tournament.

One good thing is that the tournament might be comprised of as many as 1/3 freeroll donkeys.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Goodluck then :D , if it doesn't expire anytime soon. Then i would hold onto it, till your very confident about your tournament game. Or are playing higher limit tournaments and beating them.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      I think that this "Baltic festival" is EPT in Tallinn. So of course it will expire, but maybe you could find someone who wants to play in that qualifier for you (on your account).
    • bigbangbaby
      bigbangbaby
      Bronze
      Hmm, read the article- thought you might be able to get tournament dollars. Maybe you can arrange a swap if you know someone else who plays on the site. L8r, GBU, Will G.