VPPs more attainable in SnG or Cash

• xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      Im just wondering, which game type can accumulate the most VPPS im trying to maximize my monthly VPP intake I play both and put in alot of hours but Im still not sure which one would benefit me the most other than win% which is even and roughly the same I am playing currently nl 10 and SnGs 5-6$

any ideas would be great thanks
  • 16 replies
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      at micro stakes cash games 100% definate, dunno about other
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      FL, u only need to press 3 buttons to act at tables, so 24 tables will earn u a load of FPPs, but FL is much more difficult to master than SSS
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Cash games>SNGS simply because you pay more rake.
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      cheers for your responses
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      then again, the first supernova elite this year achieved it through SNG
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      then again, the first supernova elite this year achieved it through SNG
      But he is just sick :s_cool: ... and probably a computer zombie :P . Then again, this thread is about which gaming format earns more VPPs and if that guy played cash games instead of SNGS, he would have gotten SNE a lot easier/quicker ;) .
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      Jorj is indeed sicko - he plays like 20k~ish hyper turbos (at the range of $60-$500) per months
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      and if that guy played cash games instead of SNGS, he would have gotten SNE a lot easier/quicker ;) .
      dunno how true this is, on 2+2 alot of people saying they started sne with cash games and moved over to sngs cuz it was just so much easier... i dont know personally but just remember reading a discussion about that somewhere...
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      and if that guy played cash games instead of SNGS, he would have gotten SNE a lot easier/quicker ;) .
      dunno how true this is, on 2+2 alot of people saying they started sne with cash games and moved over to sngs cuz it was just so much easier... i dont know personally but just remember reading a discussion about that somewhere...
      If I had to rank what is the quickest way to accumulate FPPs I would say it would be in this order.

1) Hyper Turbo Satellites
      2) Fixed Limit Cash
      3) No Limit Cash
      4) Heads-up SNGs
      5) Single Table SNGs
      6) Double or Nothings
      7) MTT SNGs
      8) MTTs
      I'm sure I missed some here but the turnover in Hyper Turbo Satellites make it #1. Fixed limit can produce a bunch of FPPs but maintaining a +bb/100 is tough. An so on...
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      SnG's are far easier since you can play so many tables. Yes, Fixed produces more rake/table, but you can't 24-table FL. NL cash still takes more time than SnG's.
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      SnG's are far easier since you can play so many tables. Yes, Fixed produces more rake/table, but you can't 24-table FL. NL cash still takes more time than SnG's.
      Well I think it depends on what you are capable of. I couldn't fathom the idea of playing close to 24 tables at the moment... some of you guys are just sickos.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      u prolly also need to consider BRM when looking at this...

for example, lets do some math!

6max FL

.5/1 FL = 0.2VPP/hand

if we assume a FL player could 8 table this, then thats an avg of 480 hands/hour = 96VPP/hour

a conservative BR would be somthing like 500BB, so $500

if we treat VPP kinda like interest, ignoring win/loss, we can say that we have a Bankroll/VPP rate of 0.192

Full Ring NL BSS

BSS for BR of $500

NL10 = 50BI

NL10 = 0.06VPP/hand

8 tables = 480 hands/hour = 28.8VPP/hour

Bankroll/VPP rate = 0.0576

6max NL SSS

NL50 = 50BI

NL50 = 0.18VPP/hand

however, we can assume that a good SSS player can play say, 12 tables at once... therefore 960 hands/hour = 172VPP/hour

Bankroll/VPP rate = 0.3456

SNG

$10+1 SNG = 50BI

12 tabling = avg 18 games/hour (this is based on a very small sample, anyone clarify average time for a normal sng, or hourly rate of sngs? assuming u open a new table when u bust on one)

18 games/hour = $18 in rake

$18 in rake = 99 VPP/hour

Bankroll/VPP rate = 0.198

Conclusion: Based on these numbers, for a VPP whore, you should be learning to multitable as much as possible, and playing SSS
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Not sure where that's from. It is defiantly easier to earn more FPP in most types of SNGs than in cash games.
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Not sure where that's from. It is defiantly easier to earn more FPP in most types of SNGs than in cash games.
      for example you take a 1$ rake sng, you get 5.5VPP, however normally regular sng last at least 100 hands.

if you play 100 hands of NL25 it will be 11VPP
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      From my expierence now I have played nl 25 full ring for the past couple of days and earnt more VPPs than SnGs all year, Also those hyper turbo 6 max satelites are crazy especially on the $88 didnt jorge reach supernova elite in 3 months by spamming them (absolute nutter).

Anyway thanks for all your responses =)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by warmedia
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      for example you take a 1$ rake sng, you get 5.5VPP, however normally regular sng last at least 100 hands.

if you play 100 hands of NL25 it will be 11VPP
      In a turbo sng I have on a decent sample about 50 hands on average / sng.
      And mind that hands go alot quicker in sng's because so often most of the action is preflop or on the flop during late stage.

Normal sng's are pretty bad for VPP/hour