fishies are mostly on the 20-50 bb tables?

• Escobario
      just curious, i know alot of shit players will be there.

still heaps of shit players on the fullstack tables too.

pokerstars says something like 'these tables will last until the next server reset'

my question is: does anybody have any idea when the server will reset, forcing these schools of fish onto the larger tables much the same way as dolphins herd baitfish?

• 3 replies
    • noclaninator
      You are mistaken good sir.

The reset will only affect old style tables. You know, the ones with 20-100bb buyin. 20-50bb tables remain even after the next server reset.

As for fishing, it would be extremely foolish to assume that the fish will jump in your boat. After all we go to the ocean to get fish. We don't expect fish to crawl out of the water and walk to our houses.

What I'm trying to say is instead of having the attitude that fish should be forced onto your deep stacked tables, you should go play with the fish on the short stacked tables. After all when they started playing NL hold'em back in 2003 they were certainly followed. They gave up stud to play hold'em just like 5-card draw was given up to play stud before that.

Anyway I digress, follow the fish to wherever they school and your fishing trip will be a very bountiful one.
    • tokyoaces
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      forced onto your deep stacked tables
      So much stupidity in one little post that its hard to know where to begin.

100bb is not deep it's just regular or normal. Most poker literature suggested that deep starts at closer to 300bb. We don't really care about your personal biases so just use standardized terminology.

Furthermore the deeper the stacks the more you can exploit your skill advantage over your opponent. Of course no one can force the fish to play on a table they don't want to play at or to buy-in for an amount larger than they want to, but anyone who is good at poker should certainly want that to happen.
    • Joronamo
      @ noclaninator:

Although you are correct about the server restart not removing the shallow tables but instead the old format tables; I am going to have to disagree with you on your other points. For a serious BSS player you cannot simply just join shalllow tables and 'follow the fish' as you claim. Shallow tables are for SSS and MSS players only and are mostly made of fish who can only afford that Buyin. For a BSS player it is a completly different game for many reasons which I will not go into. Unfortunatly, Stars scrwewed up but they are aware of the complaints on 2+2 and customer feedback and I am sure changes are on the way.

@tokyoaces: Nobody likes a troll :P .